Charleston's Ravenel Bridge Construction Pics

monsoon

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually, it will be completely separate from vehicular traffic:

image-1.jpg

I think its just on the one side, but I could be mistaken. Bikes would be allowed on it, I'm sure.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It IS on one side. It will be the side facing Charleston Harbor and DT, and the walkway will be big enough for pedestrians and bikers. There was a big push by the locals to ensure that a bike and walkway was included with the bridge.

• 3 weeks later...

heres a shot i took while remodeling sandpier village retirement community and visiting your fine city.hope i got it right this time

http://www.villagephotos.com/pubbrowse.asp?folder_id=1294380My Webpage

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks for that photo! That is the best view I have seen to date.

The format you want to use is like this:

My Webpage

That will give you this:

My Webpage

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

HEADS UP everybody! The opening date for the new Cooper River Bridge will be revealed today!!! :w00t: I'm so pumped for this!! If you want to be in Charleston for the celebration, stay tuned for the info and be prepared to book a hotel room fast! It is going to be an impressive celebration that will probably rival the traditional July 4th celebration.

Prepare yourself, ladies and gentlemen! Charleston is going to have North America's largest cable-stayed bridge! Does that not rock or what?!?! :wub: Some more info is posted in the article link below:

Bridge suspense is almost over!!

• 1 month later...

Can't wait till Saturday! The lighting ceremony was a blast.

New Cooper River Bridge (Arthur Ravenel Bridge) from downtown Charleston.

1.jpg

Bridge opened for pedestrians, officials expected around 40,000 people, 150,000 showed up. :P

5.jpg

MUSC campus in the background

6.jpg

2.jpg

Lighting ceremony complete with fireworks.

3.jpg

Bridge lit up. It is much more vivid in person of course.

4.jpg

A look at the Charleston peninsula interchanges.

7.jpg

Webcam :)

harbortrafficcam.jpg

Great photos! I'm so excited about this bridge. I haven't been to Charleston since October 2000, so I'll have a LOT to catch up on the next time I visit. One of the first things will be to walk across this bridge, of course!

Man, oh man, if I hadn't been commuting from Florence to Columbia this past week AND moving into our new house that Saturday, I would have been in my hometown to see the largest fireworks display in the Southeast help open this spectacular bridge. I did see the fireworks on SCETV, and it was amazing! The bridge looks fabulous, and I will be driving on it this weekend...I'm SOOOO excited about it! :w00t:

If I remember my camera, I will post some pictures of "the largest cable-stayed bridge in the Western Hemisphere"!

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived