3 Meetings seek public input on Detroit-AA transit

Allan

SEMCOG announces three public meetings in October to seek public input on the Ann Arbor to Detroit transit study

SEMCOG, the Southeast Michigan Council of Governments, announces three public meetings to seek input on an Alternatives Analysis (AA) and a Draft Environmental Impact Statement (DEIS) for a major transit investment in the corridor between Downtown Detroit and Ann Arbor, including Detroit Metro Airport. This plan seeks to address the need for improved transit service within the Detroit Metropolitan Area through providing high-speed, high-capacity transit and by enhancing connectivity between the region

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, since it has nothing to do with Oakland county, the chances are ok. We need some form of rail transit in the region if we plan on competing with metro areas around the country. Knowing Detroit though, it will end up being BRT.

Several lines in the proposed 12 line system cross into OC, and Macomb county. I think even Oakland county has to realize at this point if SE Michigan is going to be competative nationally (As a technology hub) we're going to need mass transit. I wish it were a heavy rail system, but I'd be over joyed to see a light rail system.

Thanks for the link. I see that SEMCOG is forecasting an even larger ring of decay around the city. Don't they realize that it's their 30 year old planning methods that cause the doughtnut effect? They are so stupid...I swear.

Archived