• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stadium opener, show pack city

By MARK HAYWARD

Union Leader Staff

Telephone Credit Union

408flag.jpg

ROTC students unfurl a giant American flag as the Manchester city flag flies at the Fisher Cats' new ballpark during the team's home opener against New Britain, Conn., last night. The Fisher Cats lost, 5-1. See coverage in Sports. (DAVID LANE/UNION LEADER)

MANCHESTER

This is great it is just one more step to New Hampshire having a large and well known city.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Now all they need are a few more TV stations. WMUR-9 is TV network affiliate up there (ABC). They more than that.

• 1 month later...

If there is only an ABC affiliate, where are all of your other local channels from, Boston?

And it looks like the Fishercats are doing pretty well for their first year.(In their new stadium) :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There is also an independant station running out of I believe Derry (WNDS). But other then that, Fox, NBC, CBS, and even another ABC station are brought in from Boston. If you go closer to the Seacoast, many cable providers pick up an NBC affiliate out of Portland as well. I don't really think at the time there is a need for another media outlet in NH. The Boston stations serve us quite well, and for local news, WMUR is good enough for me.

As for the Fishercats, I haven't gotten a chance to go by the stadium since March since I am in school in Chicago during the year, but it looks fantastic from what I've seen.

If there is only an ABC affiliate, where are all of your other local channels from, Boston?

And it looks like the Fishercats are doing pretty well for their first year.(In their new stadium) :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Where too close to Boston to get all of them. Its only 45-50 mins away. And the fishercats one the whole thing last year and it was the first year.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Fisher Cats' McGowan to start for Blue Jays tomorrow

By JOHN HABIB

Staff Sports Writer

Merchants Automotive Group

A pair of first round draft picks were called up by the Toronto Blue Jays yesterday.

Dustin McGowan, the organization

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived