MIAMI | Dadeland, Kendall area

Brickell

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How unfortunate, another cancelled project. And supposedly it was because of a neighboring development?? I think that was the reason.

Urban development (even in Kendall) should be cohesive and work together to make a complete urban environment, rather than a collection of separate/neighboring developments....

This is definately a loss. theres been a cancellation of the anticipated Mission Bell project for East Kendall.

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/13511189.htm

More info on the condos

http://www.miami-condo-lifestyle.com/mission-bell-park.php

Wow, this is crazy! I have been to the sales office at Mission Bell Park and they had plans for an incredible development there. I never knew that these things could fall out like this so late in the process; I mean, that sales office has been there for quite some time and they are about 75% sold! I'd sure hate to be one of those buyers, they are getting their deposits back with 7.5% interest, when had they purchased in any of the neighboring developments (Metropolis, Downtown Dadeland, Colannade) not only would their apartments be under way, but they'd be worth $100,000+ more than they paid for them. 7.5% interest? WOW!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A 4-story parking/retail building in downtown South Miami will contain Coldstone, Carraba's, Outback and more, with 400+ parking spaces on what is now a parking lot behind Sushi Maki.

With Whip-N-Dip already in the neighborhood and another Coldstone on 90th an US1, this new Coldstone seems excessive. South Miamians are going to be really fat if they keep opening Coldstones and Krispy Kremes all over the place.

^While I love the retail tenants, that building is hideous! It looks like something from the 70s....lol

I personally hate the building myself! :sick: maybe its the color combo in the rendering. :dontknow: And whats with the balconies? Are those the new car condos I've been hearing so much about? :lol:

• 2 months later...

Well seeing that I live in East Kendall I guess I ought to be able to get some pictures sometime. For now Ill give you a little update: the newest datran building is quickly going vertical, Toscano has one facade almost completely painted, Colonnade is going up fast, and there has been some development in the Baptist area that has slipped through the cracks. All I know about the Baptist thing is that they finished a huge garage next to a big surface parking lot and have cranes and bulldozers over there. Im hoping they build something else there. Oh, and a condo conversion just went on the market this weekend on Galloway.

Thanks for the update! I actually watched a DVD that we got in the mail regarding the construction at Baptist Hospital. The construction is an actual expansion of the hospital. From what I gather, it's going to be one of the largest hospitals in the country after it's all said and done. They're doubling their current size, of course, vertically, because there isn't too much land left.

I hope to see pics of all this stuff soon...it's very exciting to see this area beginning to fulfill it's potential.

• 1 month later...

It's been months since anyone has uploaded pics on the Downtown Dadeland developments. I think we're more than due for a nice photo tour. I would volunteer, but I am now living in Orlando...anyone willing and able?

Metropolis,

On June 21st, I was invited into building "B". I took some pics and here they are for your viewing pleasure. By the way, according to the staff there, building "B" is scheduled to be the first building to commence with closings, followed one month later by building "A". They were supposed to be 100% completed with building "B" somewhere between 30 to 45 days after the date of my tour. Unfortunately, we're already past the 45 day threshold I was given and building "B" is still not completed.

Enjoy the pics...

scondo001nn2.jpg

scondo002ad0.jpg

scondo003fb7.jpg

scondo012ye7.jpg

scondo013te6.jpg

scondo014jr9.jpg

scondo019he3.jpg

scondo020gk0.jpg

scondo027ak7.jpg

scondo033jv9.jpg

scondo035yj0.jpg

scondo036bt5.jpg

Wow Sniper! Those are great pics! It looks like you had an awesome view from up there. It's going to be nice for the people living in those condos...the views...the convenience of having everything so close, etc.

This is becoming one of South Florida's most exciting places to live. Thanks for the pics!!!

Wow Sniper! Those are great pics! It looks like you had an awesome view from up there. It's going to be nice for the people living in those condos...the views...the convenience of having everything so close, etc.

This is becoming one of South Florida's most exciting places to live. Thanks for the pics!!!

No problem, Metropolis! I should be getting another invite to tour building "A" in the next few weeks. I'll take my camera and snap a few more while I'm there. Personally, I can't wait for the project to be 100% completed.

• 2 weeks later...

Fantastic pics Sniper! When you were there, did you by any chance notice the old medical building between Metropolis II and CompUSA? There's a banner hanging from it with a rendering of what it's going to look like once it's demolished!

I found this to be phenomenal. It appears that they're going to be demolishing the medical arts building (horrible eye sore right now) as well as the CompUSA and surrounding parking lots; here's the website:

http://www.towncenterone.com/

Fantastic pics Sniper! When you were there, did you by any chance notice the old medical building between Metropolis II and CompUSA? There's a banner hanging from it with a rendering of what it's going to look like once it's demolished!

I found this to be phenomenal. It appears that they're going to be demolishing the medical arts building (horrible eye sore right now) as well as the CompUSA and surrounding parking lots; here's the website:

http://www.towncenterone.com/

Metropolis, I missed the banner, but I did look towards CompUSA as I was leaving and made a mental note that this building didn't quite fit into the surrounding scheme. I had read about the demolition of the Medical Arts building, but I did not know about the demolition of the CompUSA building or about the construction of the TownCenterOne project. That entire area surrounding Dadeland is currently riddled with construction sites! Wow!!! Talk about a complete facelift!!!

• 1 month later...

Well, the West Elm store on the first floor of building B in Downtown Dadeland finally opened (later than originally planned, but it's open). Also, walk-throughs and closings on building B were finally scheduled for the week of November 20th. Once that takes place, the whole project should start to take on a life of its own. I can't wait!!!

• 4 months later...

Here are some new pics from today showing the updated status of the Downtown Dadeland area. Enjoy!

This is the NorthWest corner of the Downtown Dadeland project showing Dadeland Mall across the street from Kendall Drive.

downtowndadeland2007021nr6.jpg

This is Dadeland Mall with the cranes and buildings of the Colonnade project in the background.

downtowndadeland2007021wa7.jpg

This is the whole West side of the Downtown Dadeland project (Buildings B, D, F & G) as seen adjacent to Dadeland Boulevard.

downtowndadeland2007021oq2.jpg

This is the old CitiBank building with the two Metropolis buildings in the background and the Toscano buildings on the right side.

downtowndadeland2007021le0.jpg

This is the taller of the two Toscano buildings.

downtowndadeland2007021mh8.jpg

This is the connector between the two Toscano buildings.

downtowndadeland2007021ua2.jpg

This is the main street surrounded by all of the buildings in the Downtown Dadeland project.

downtowndadeland2007021ie5.jpg

This is a wider view of the same shot. Unfortunately, the lighting was not that great at this time of day.

downtowndadeland2007021tx3.jpg

This is the Bombay store located in the SouthWest corner of Building "A" in the Downtown Dadeland project.

downtowndadeland2007021fk4.jpg

This is the Chili's restaurant located in the NorthWest corner of Building "A" in the Downtown Dadeland project.

downtowndadeland2007021he0.jpg

This is the West Elm store, which takes up the entire North side of Building "B" in the Downtown Dadeland project.

downtowndadeland2007021vd5.jpg

This is the cross-street showing Buildings "E" and "F" of the Downtown Dadeland project with the Metropolis buildings in the background.

downtowndadeland2007021jy1.jpg

This is the East side of the Downtown Dadeland project with Dadeland Mall in the center background and the Colonnade project off to the background on the right.

downtowndadeland2007021oh8.jpg

This is the Men's Wearhouse store located in the NorthEast corner of Building "C" in the Downtown Dadeland project.

downtowndadeland2007021rd1.jpg

This is another shot of Dadeland Mall with the cranes and buildings of the Colonnade project in the background.

downtowndadeland2007021nn9.jpg

This is The Children's Place store located in the NorthEast corner of Building "A" in the Downtown Dadeland project.

downtowndadeland2007021qx1.jpg

This is the Westernmost Colonnade building with Dadeland Mall, Marriott, Metropolis and Toscano buildings in the background.

downtowndadeland2007021tl1.jpg

These are the two Colonnade buildings.

downtowndadeland2007021ig4.jpg

This is the main street surrounded by all of the buildings in the Downtown Dadeland project, as seen from the Dadeland Mall parking lot.

downtowndadeland2007021yj3.jpg

This is Building "B" of the Downtown Dadeland project, one of the Metropolis project towers and the Toscano project, as seen from the Dadeland Mall parking lot.

downtowndadeland2007021vs7.jpg

those are some incredible shots. you know, Miami really hit a point recently where now, alot of the real estate which was there for years just sitting there has completely transformed;

5 years ago, Dadeland was just the mall, Datran, the Marriot and a couple of other bldgs. and the Dadeland North complex. Now, it is becoming something akin to Buckhead in the ATL.

it is pretty incredible.

Archived