Condo Reservation for Riverpointe

SaturnMoon

Does anyone have any information for reserving a condo in the proposed Riverpointe buildings? I've been contemplating selling my home in O.P. and moving into the downtown area. Is anyone aware of any websites that list possible floor plans, timelines, etc.? I tried to find the developers website and was unable. Thanks in advance for any info you can share.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lakelander: Thanks. I wanted to make sure that I hadn't missed it. I heard the San Marco condos went really fast. Unfortuantely, The Peninsula is a little out of my price range but I have seen several articles about what the propose price for these condos are going to be and it is a little more up my alley.

To Urban Legend: Thanks for the welcome. The drive from O.P. to DT and back every day really blows! :angry: On top of that, at least two semesters a year, I will enroll in whatever new programming language classes are being offered at FCCJ. FCCJ insists on only offering programming classes at their south campus (just past the corner SJB and Beach). Between having to drive DT in the morning, out to the beach in the afternoon and back to O.P. at night, there are days I'm in my car upwards of three hours.

Welcome to the forum SaturnMoon.  We're getting quite a base in this forum.  I too am watching closely for any annoucement on RiverPointe.  If they stick to the price points they have mentioned, it should do very well IMO.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree. I really excited that Jax is finally developing residential properties downtown. I wish some of the other projects were more economically feasible. I can see DT condo's starting at around $170, $180, or even $190 - $200K. However, most developers are targeting the high-end market, as is the case with the Plaza. Their 920 sq.ft. started at $240 (only available on 2nd & 3rd flr). On top of what your mortgage would be, there is a $280 per month amenities charge on top of it. The Peninsula, San Marco and 1661 are just as (if not more) expensive.

I would say I make a decent living. But I am a young, single professional. I honestly don't know too many of my co-workers that could afford that either. Even with the amount I plan to make with selling my house, anything over $210 (when you add amenties), is not doable for me, at least if I still want things like food and clothes. It was nice to see a developer recognize that there is a whole market of people (mid-level) who would also like to be downtown but the other developers aren't considering. It will be interesting to see how quickly those two buildings sell-out.

I saw next to your name that you are moving to Jax. Are you new to this area or have you lived here before?

I saw next to your name that you are moving to Jax.  Are you new to this area or have you lived here before?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have never lived in Jax before, but have visited many times over the last few years.

I think the only other affordable developments are 11E and W.A. Knight Building.  Is the Carling(ton) going to be moderately priced?  Hopefully Riverpointe will help to fill the massive void in affordable housing, considering the size of the two towers.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

From the last info that I heard, the Carlington was joining to be just slightly cheaper than 11E per month. The views are probably not nearly as good at the Carlington as 11E.

I think the only other affordable developments are 11E and W.A. Knight Building.  Is the Carling(ton) going to be moderately priced?  Hopefully Riverpointe will help to fill the massive void in affordable housing, considering the size of the two towers.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The problem is 11E, W.A. Knight and the Carlington are all rental properties. Currently there are no residential properties available at market rate prices (ex. 100k - 180k). The bad thing is, there also isn't any planned, other than Riverpointe, that will even attempt to cater to this market.

I feel everyones frustration with lack of market rate, for sale properties downtown. I wanted to buy downtown as well, but I had to chose between 770 sq Ft, 1br Condo at Berkman for 200K+, or a 2200sq Ft, 3br townhome with an office and garage off Kernan Blvd. for under 170K. Frankly, i t really wasn't a hard decision.

However, I understand the logic behind it: For the longest time, downtown wasn't exactly Jacksonville's hot spot. The most likely candidates to live downtown are young people (most of which are looking to rent) and empty-nesters (looking to buy). The problem is that the first project was a really expensive one (Berkman). Basically, developers went to the other end of the spectrum, in an attempt to create something "trendy"

If you look at the for sale properties downtown, you have Berkman (on the river and expensive), The Shipyards (on the river, expensive, and who knows if it will ever be built), and the Southbank properties (all of which have an advantage by mentioning San Marco in their Ads).

I think that over time, downtown will hit the 10,000 units mark, but I believe that areas right on the river will be too expensive for the average person (they are waterfront). Instead, I think downtown will take off with condo conversions off the river. I think that any project that recieves federal historic money may not be sold for five years. In a few years, I'd bet that 11 East will convert to condos, as will many of the other rental projects.

Interesting! If you don't mind me asking, what other features would you like to see in future downtown residential projects?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The balcony is the biggest thing. Why have an awesome view if you can't enjoy it? Also, one of the things I disliked about what I saw at the Berkman was some of there condos (like their 1 bed + den), had only one bathroom and it was only accessible through the master bedroom. When I'm entertaining or if I have a guest spend the night, I don't want people to have to walk through my bedroom to get to the bathroom. What happens in the middle of the night when I'm trying to sleep?

Other than that, the standards. Love my granite countertops I have now, will not consider a place that doesn't have them. I want wood or tile (no carpet for me, pls). I want to have a choice in appliances, etc, not have to take whatever brand they want to give me (or even to have the option to furnish with my own appliances). Berkman told me that they would not deduct the cost of the appliances off the condo. I still had to buy them (but not to worry sales guy says, you can always sell them).

Archived