Recent trip to Charleston, SC

Neo

I visited Charleston recently while on vacation and took a few pictures. I didn't get to stay near as long as I'd hoped for and didn't get to walk around the areas that intrigued me the most, but I wanted to share some of what I did see. Most of the pictures were taken around the old slave quarters which is now a flea market of sorts.

DSC02462_exposure.JPG

DSC02473_exposure.JPG

DSC02475_exposure.JPG

DSC02476_exposure.JPG

DSC02480_exposure.JPG

DSC02483_exposure.JPG

DSC02499_exposure.JPG

DSC02503_exposure.JPG

DSC02505_exposure.JPG

DSC02508_exposure.JPG

DSC02509_exposure.JPG

DSC02515_exposure.JPG

DSC02519_exposure.JPG

DSC02526_exposure.JPG

DSC02527_exposure.JPG

DSC02528_exposure.JPG

DSC02531_exposure.JPG

DSC02533_exposure.JPG

DSC02534_exposure.JPG

DSC02535_exposure.JPG

DSC02537_exposure.JPG

DSC02539_exposure.JPG

DSC02541_exposure.JPG

DSC02549_exposure.JPG

DSC02551_exposure.JPG

DSC02555_exposure.JPG

DSC02559_exposure.JPG

DSC02584_exposure.JPG

DSC02588_exposure.JPG

DSC02593_exposure.JPG

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for posting the pics. I can never see too many Charleston pics. I would really like for that metro to hit a boom again and become the main metro area of South Carolina. Hopefully the area around the old Naval Base can be revitalized for future growth, instead of the area sprawling farther out.

Great pics! Kinda purple though? Still, I always enjoy seeing Charleston. I think it would be kinda cool if Charleston was the largest area again. It is quickly catching up to Columbia in both City, and Urban Area populations. Columbia still has a larger Metro though ;)

Neo

Another aspect of Charleston that I haven't seen on this site yet.

Seems like v. interesting architecture in those areas you viited, interesting street layouts, street life, very green (trees - mostly palms and grass) and the pineapple fountain is both camp and kitsch :lol:

Thanks for sharing Neo xyxthumbs.gif

Great pics! Kinda purple though?

Thanks for the props guys. Yeah, kinda purple...shots during the middle of the day under clear skies tend to purpalize my Sony. I could have gotten it out with curves in Photoshop but I didn't feel like messing with it for all of these photos as it would have taken a bit to do. I'd like to go back under better conditions and spend a whole day or two just walking around and seeing the city.

Archived