Allan

Detroit Photo of the Day

I love this thread, a lot of you can take just a normal view and bring out everything that's great about it and really make it pop. Some of the Comerica Park photos i've seen are amazing. Anyway....

Let's say I want to get into photography. I know a tiny a bit, not too much, certainly not enough to really take pictures like you guys do and know my way around an SLR. What's the best way to get into photography and how much coin would I have to drop on a decent SLR? Should I go the book route?

Seriously that stuff is awesome. He should build a bunch of copies and put them up on ebay. They'd probably sell for a few thousand each. Probably only a matter of time before the creator of these pops up on this site, since he's an active member at skyscraperpage

Really cool stuff. I had seen the Stott and Fisher buildings before, but not the Penobscot. I really like that one. I agree about the copies too, I imagine some people would fork over money to have a minature Fisher building in their house.

Hmmm, I should make miniature models of Detroit buildings using U-of-M's laser cutters. Just make one computer drawing and have it cut out 100 copies, sell them, and pay off my tuition.