Allan

Detroit Photo of the Day

I'm laughing at those bus pictures. haha.

Someone going to the TRU meeting tonight, Tapezord? I was going to go, but had some work to do...and look at me procrastinating...:(

yup, TRU meeting indeed. It was kinda of an overview of transit in detroit. Probably nothing you didin't already know, Michi.

the bigger news is that I went to the lafeyette instead of the american. This is a slight change from the normal routine of my typical downtown visit. My buddy got downtown first so it was his call.

By the way, you're not a true detroiter until you use the bathroom downstairs in the basement of the Lafeyette. Its like climbing through the bowels of a ship... just slightly more smelly and scary.

126_5258.jpg

Even though there was some sign of life on the River Walk it seemed pretty desolate on this past Friday afternoon.

n30300808_32742425_9758.jpg

Looks like the original metal signage around here didn't last long. It has already been lifted and replaced with these plastic ones.

n30300808_32742411_6674.jpg

n30300808_32742414_7613.jpg

n30300808_32742410_6361.jpg

n30300808_32742419_8541.jpg

^ Thanks, I heard some stories where people would go down the slide during the winter when the water in the basement would freeze over, and therefore send you sailing across the ice at the base of the slide.

Today I hit up Detroit from some particular images I needed for a project. I took this near Fisher Autobody. I love this area because there is all these railroad bridges and old factories. Not sure what the one on the left produces. You can see the abandoned Fisher 21 way in the back (which btw was resealed)

2067386036_6407a67eb5_b.jpg

Yep, that's one of my favorite areas of town too. A true testiment to American heritage that doesn't exist much of anywhere in this country anymore. :)

Dose anyone know the story of this building located on Bagley st. near Grand Circus?

2142816220_4e0e81a542_b.jpg

Seems like it is for sale or redevelopment or something. With its size and location it seems like it would be a good buy.

Thanks