Detroit Photo of the Day

Allan

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's more to those photos than most of you will ever know, but yeah, they really don't like people on the fire escape. Heck, they don't even want people opening the windows. Every time I go more and more of the windows are screwed shut. It's gotten worse over the last couple years...I remember a couple years ago when we watched the fireworks from the bathroom because we couldn't get a window higher up that would open.

Do you mean the B-C's condos? Because, the Book Tower is the office portion, and the Book Building is what is going to go residential. That really never made sense to me considering the floorplates (i.e. longer/wider floorplates in the building would be much better suited for office space).

Do you mean the B-C's condos? Because, the Book Tower is the office portion, and the Book Building is what is going to go residential. That really never made sense to me considering the floorplates (i.e. longer/wider floorplates in the building would be much better suited for office space).

Most, if not all of the tenants on floors 30-36 have been moved to accommodate the lofts that will be going in on those floors.

Regarding the time frame, I think 2009 is a realistic estimate. They'll need some time to finish up plans and finalize financing before construction begins. Construction itself would probably take about 18 months.

Beautiful! Is that HDR?

Allan, I noticed a few windows in the Book have suicide C-Channels screwed into the frames. Not cool, although I noticed some people have unscrewed them.

When I was up in the Carbide and Carbon building Chicago taking pictures, some people had pried all of them out for us already :lol: