Detroit Photo of the Day

Allan

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, that's great the rehab of the Moore house is another great step for Brush Park

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Definately. It was supposed to be done in October 2004 (according to the sign out front) but it got bogged down with complications and red tape, just like every other project in the city.

Thanks, Aaron. Yesterday was the perfect day for photography. The sun was out most of the day, and I got some excellent photos. The wind was extremely cold, but it was well worth braving the elements. To top it all off, I saw Raputin...or at least I think it was him. As I was taking photos of the Statler, this black guy rides by on his bike and says 'I say "Tear that schitt down! And tear down the Cadillac too!"' Then as he reaches the corner of Adams and Park, he turns back and says "Black-atcha!" LOL. It's never a dull moment in the D, that's for sure!

...I saw Raputin...or at least I think it was him.  As I was taking photos of the Statler, this black guy rides by on his bike and says 'I say "Tear that schitt down!  And tear down the Cadillac too!"'  Then as he reaches the corner of Adams and Park, he turns back and says "Black-atcha!"  LOL.  It's never a dull moment in the D, that's for sure!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's hilarious! I need to go visit that forum. I haven't been there in a while.

And you could probably sell that RenCen shot as a poster or postcard. Great angle and it came out crystal clear!

I wish Capitol Park could become another Harmonie Park! The Capitol Square Building (Zemco Building) is being renovated into lofts. The same goes for the building across the street. However, I have not seen any activity in either of the buildings since late last year. For whatever reason they are sitting in their current half-renovated state. The same goes for the building in today's photo of the day. Supposedly the Capitol Square Building will have a restaurant on the ground floor, but right now the whole project seems to be in limbo. Mike Higgins has some ridiculous plan for the Farwell Building, but I doubt that's ever going to happen.

The Capitol Park Building is full of lofts. The same goes for the building next to Theodore's Family Restaurant. All the buildings on the east side of the park are occupied. The Stott Building only has tenants on floors 16 through 32. Or at least that's the way it was this summer. Compared to other areas of downtown, the area doesn't really have that many vacant buildings. It could use some more retail though.