Detroit Photo of the Day

Allan

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, since we are on the topic, I have noted that the Book Building appears to have an addition (to left in Allan's photo directly above), even though I have never seen any records of that occuring.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The Book Building (in the lower left) was the original buildings, and the tower is an addition. Many buildings in Detroit are additions to lower buildings (i.e. Penobscot, Michigan Bell...)

I think what he means is that the low-rise, oringinal Book Building seems to have an addition. In the photo, there looks like a seam between the two parts, suggesting it was added on to.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, the whole thing was a three phase project ultimately, first the building, then an addition to the building, and lastly the tower.

Thursday, March 24, 2005

Albert Kahn designed the Detroit Trust Company Building at 201 West Fort in 1915. The back was expanded in 1926, and modernized in 1966, when Detroit Bank & Trust expanded into 211 West Fort next door.

03_24_05_IMG_7486.jpg

Very nice Allan!  I like how the light shines on certain parts of the buildings.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks. The lighting conditions just happened to be nearly identical this evening. Of course the clouds have returned now. I'm ready for springtime!

Did you take that photo of the parking garage Thursday, Allan?  I saw it this Friday and they already had horizontal members being cast.

BTW, nice closeups on the flowers.  Wish my camera could do that.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, that was on Thursday. They must be moving quick then!

My cousin just bought a Nikon D70...that would do a much better job with those flowers than my camera. If only I had that much money to spend on a new camera & some lenses.....

Yeah, that was on Thursday.  They must be moving quick then!

My cousin just bought a Nikon D70...that would do a much better job with those flowers than my camera.  If only I had that much money to spend on a new camera & some lenses.....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Allan, what kind of camera d you have?

Monday, March 28, 2005

This afternoon I noticed that the Manhattan apartment building, as well as the adjacent Altadena apartment building have signs on them announcing their renovation into 1-3 bedroom apartments & condominiums. Certainly some good news for a side of town that could use some help.

IMG_8350.jpg