Detroit Photo of the Day

Allan

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always found taking pictures thorugh the windshield works best when you're in a car, although that's hard when the buildings are on either side of you. My friends are always amazed at how I can navigate downtown Detroit while holding a camera this way and that snapping pictures.

I always found taking pictures thorugh the windshield works best when you're in a car, although that's hard when the buildings are on either side of you.  My friends are always amazed at how I can navigate downtown Detroit while holding a camera this way and that snapping pictures.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

haha I bet they are amazed. I'm the passenger all the time so it doesn't take much to do it. As to Zissou's comment, no I wasn't afraid to walk around :lol: , its just that my family doesn't understand my passion for skyscrapers so I just have to take what pics I can. B)

Has anyone checked out the new JBee's /The Athlete's Foot Store on Woodward? I bought a pair of shoes there a couple of weeks ago and thought it was pretty nice. It was busy day for them so they asked that I take photos of their store which I emailed to them a few days later. Besides the store being well designed and having a good selection, I thought the large Detroit panoramic that goes around the 2nd half of the store was awesome. It's about a 200-220 degree coverage of the whole Detroit skyline. At first I thought it was taken from BobLo docks, but then the Ambassador Bridge would have been in the way. But still, a very interesting photo.

Anyway, here's some pics of the new store.

_jb1.jpg

_jb2.jpg

_jb3.jpg

Free Food! You can see the panoramic in the background

_jb4.jpg

Free music to supplement the free food.

_jb5.jpg

_jb6.jpg

IMO, they did an amazing job on this facade. For once good quality material was used instead of some cheap crap they've been putting on other buildings.

_jb7.jpg

GRDadof3, I thought that pic looked like Jefferson before I even read the caption. The median on Jefferson, seems wide enough for a light rail line. Lucky Houston <_<

Nice photo LMich. I love how you integrated the bridge into the skyline shot.

dnast, I don't think the DJ is there everyday. He was probably hired for the occasion.

Edited by wolverine

Awesome!  Yeah, it can be hard taking pictures through plane windows, which can be dirty. I never really noticed the Ford logo on the stadium dome.  It's huge!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

They just put that logo on the dome for the All Star game I believe.

Its a cool picture because its a perspective you dont really see all that often.