Detroit Photo of the Day

Allan

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you very much.

This is a great board - I have been watching for a while.

At first I was skeptical of the rather large Ford logos on the Ford Field roof, but I now understand that when live video footage of the stadium is taken from a blimp during a game, that is exposure for the brand and, in a way, the city itself. If it helps Detroit, I encourage it.

Monday, August 8, 2005

The Rafal Spice Company on Russell street in Eastern Market

29932767_e920ff1f6b.jpg

I believe the Rafal Spice Company started as a place which offered all different kinds of coffee, then evolved into including teas, and spices. Now mostly spices, they still offer coffee and tea. There is saying that if you are looking for a spice and they don't have it, then you really didn't need it! If you have never been here, I highly recommend going here to satisfy all your spice needs!

Edited by ebaldy

The burned out house was set on fire by arsonists last week.  They were caught, fortunately. 

The burned out apartment next door to that is scheduled to be renovated in the not too distant future.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

beotchs! I can't believe the unfortunate timing. Not that there is a good time to torch a house :silly:

Edited by GRDadof3

Tuesday, August 16, 2005

The often overlooked Lafayette Building was designed by noted architect C. Howard Crane, who is well known for his theater designs. The building is currently vacant, although the city of Detroit is working to get it redeveloped into lofts.

The Lafayette Building is one of the few buildings that retains its orignal cornice.

DSCF0070.jpg

Call me absolutely insane, but I've always wanted to climb down that ladder from the roof to see the letters up close.

DSCF0044.jpg

• 2 weeks later...