Detroit Photo of the Day

Allan

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^No you didn't! I was the only one from there. There's no population now, since I left.

Really, who are/were you? Everyone knows everyone (and then some). :whistling:

Moved up there in eighth grade and moved away in 95 after 11th grade. My name is Ken Sherman. I really did not like living there. Seemed like if you were not originally from up there they treated you like crap, a real children of the corn feel. Used to live at the top of the hill at 6th and Ontario, they really fudgeed the house up after we moved out, painted it lavender - over the brick entry way and everything.

Zissou, is that taken from the 1001 Woodward Ramp? I have a very similar one, but it is from a foggy day and looks 100x worse. Nice catch!!

edit: nevermind, I was thinking of a totally different perspective. Looks like this is from the Whitney Bldg, just a guess.

Edited by statedude3

Well, Old Main was originally Detroit Central High School and I believe that as the school grew, they probably added on new wings to the building. But I don't know for sure.

If I had to guess, I would say that the section that I was refering to was the addition from maybe the 20s that filled in the space between two wings on the original school.