Detroit Photo of the Day

Allan

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dgriff, the Metropolitan is being held up because nobody really wants to develop lofts that won't have a view - most of the units would be looking into the alley. Fortunately the city has held off on demolishing it, since once it is a parking lot, it will always be a parking lot due to the shape of the site.

Book Tower just looks abandoned because it is dirty, and has not been maintained as well as it should have been over the past 75 years. Additionally, many of the floors are unused. Get off at the wrong floor and you're in a whole other world.

I really wish my camera had been operational today, it was absolutely beautiful downtown. I always tell people Detroit looks 100 times better in the summer, and we got a sneak preview today. It was my first opening day game, and I was excited to be part of the record crowd (44,179)!! I'm betting there were that many more in the bars and eateries nearby.

Is Madison's on Broadway a temporary joint? It seemed like a great setup and a potentially awesome place if they would actually outfit the place.

An old synagogue at 2627 Blaine Street, on Detroit's near west side. When the demographics of the neighborhod began change in the 1950s, so did the hands of the building. It now sits vacant, as a reminder of the neighborhood's Jewish history.

DSC_0083.jpg

BarGal, the architect might be Charles Agree. He did do a lot of work in the neighborhood, mostly on apartment buildings. Unfortunately a lot of the records from his practice have been lost to time, so we may never know. His firm was grossing over $1 million per year in the 1920s, so he had an awful lot of work at the time.

An old synagogue at 2627 Blaine Street, on Detroit's near west side. When the demographics of the neighborhod began change in the 1950s, so did the hands of the building. It now sits vacant, as a reminder of the neighborhood's Jewish history.

DSC_0083.jpg

did you go inside there Allan?, that would probobly be pretty interesting