Detroit Photo of the Day

Allan

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alexandrine & Second, Midtown

I live right behind that building, which looks like a virtually perfect mirror image of mine.

I believe that all three on that corner where built together.

FYI: the larger building with the ivy on the right is the one with the recent fire.

I'd love nothing more than to see massive infill in the Cass Corridor to complement these historic structures.

That's one of my plans for when I win the lottery.

Another one of my plans is to open one of those big downtown styled music/movie/book stores. It would be called "Wagner's" and then underneath it would say "Music Movies and Books"

Another one of my plans is to open a pizza parlor where the building looks like a giant peice of pizza. It would be called "Wagner's" and underneath it would say "Pizza". I think it would be funny.

Last summer when I was waiting in a parking lot at the Eastern Market, I took a picture. I recently cropped it and did a little photoshoping :whistling:

168666551_e5e4a718d8_o.jpg

^ Heh. Do you call that picture "Wagners"? :P

I'm not sure what the name of that building is you guys are refering to. I know it has a name (I think it may actually be a business), so I will have to go down and check. It's a building that it oftentimes overlooked because it blends in so well in to the rest of the neighborhood. But when you take a second to look at it, you realize how unique it is. That's the whole beauty of giving yourself a nice bike tour of the city. You see things you don't normally do just driving by.

The Lights are on, but nobody's home!

An atrium side corridor in the abandoned Wh.itne_y Building. Despite being closed for many years, it looks as though everyone up and left just yesterday.

whit_rneyhall.jpg

167184248_8b70fe5175_b.jpg

For those concerned. The owner properly sealed the gaping opening at the entrance.