Detroit Photo of the Day

Allan

This will come off completely naive and retarded, but I dont care.

What the eff did the city try to accomplish by demolishing two perfectly good buildings like that? Is the city that friggen desperate to scrap out a total of about 25 cot damn surface parking spaces? That seems like the only thing that comes to mind...

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wtf, why would you tear down an occupied building? I could understand if a new building was gonna be built, but parking!?

Downtown has enough parking lots.

BTW- That streetscape looks great, with the brick pavers and trees.

Edited by dtown

I'm not afraid of heights as long as I'm secure. I don't trust abandoned buildings to be secure, something could break anytime. I don't think I'd trust a lot of occupied buildings either, unless it looked like a lot of care was put into maintaining the fence or ledge.

But I like the pictures, keep up the good work guys! :)

Not sure if I posted this, but a shot I got of the Book Cadillac back in the summer of 2004:

230572693_3cdd73be27_o.jpg

But, the city really needs to do some type of new streetscape for Shelby. This is too good of a view to waste like this.

I'd have never thought I'd see both the Lafayette and BC, pictured, under renovation or soon to be under renovation.

LOL. On an average day, the winds aren't too bad on top of the Brody..at least not enough to make you lose your balance and fall. It's all psychological. Think of it like sitting on a park bench. I'm really happy I'm not scared of heights though. Allan have you considered scaling one of those smokestacks you see at various abandoned factories around Detroit?