Detroit Photo of the Day

Allan

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^Hey that's exactly where I ride my bike on my way to work in the morning. Off of the sidewalk that is blocked off and one lane over from the curb lane that's equivalent to falling into the abysmal bumps. Only draw back is head-on buses.

Wonderful pics though! :)

Agreed on the first floor smelling like piss. Although one of the homeless dudes that lived there told me where and where not to walk. He also said the building was NEVER in fact open continuously and there would be a few weekly intervals where teh building would be sealed. None of the Woodward side doors had ever been open, and the one beneath the pm door was only opened briefly. If you go by, they cannot be opened. They are steel plated shut. A solid move by the owner. Additionally he said scrappers tend to break open the resealed doors without the plates and have been stealing quite a bit of electrical wiring.

So is there no longer a security guard in the building?

Seriously, somebody do something with the thing. Based on the article posted in the other thread, we're due for a large scale residential building- even in addition to the Broderick Lofts. I'm just so sick and tired of seeing GCP so dead at night.

The building has been closed only for a day or two at a time...definitely not a full week, because I've checked the thing for openings once per week or more. And it has been open on Woodward, because I have gained access from Woodward. One day back in May I took a short cut through the building...walked on on Woodward and walked out on Washington. That building has more holes than a block of swiss cheese. Unfortunately, scrappers are completely destroying it. Vandals have smashed quite a bit or marble, and spraypaint has shown up on the walls and on many of the windows. Obviously most or all of these things would've been replaced in a renovation, but it is sad to see that things that have remained untouched for decades are now getting destroyed for no reason.

I was just thinking that I've never seen a views from the top of the Millender Center. Considering who it attracts, I thought we'd have some ametuer photographers shooting out of there.

When I looked into living there a few months back I checked out a unit on the 28th floor. My fiance literally had to pull me back from the window. I almost took it just for the view. Good thing I didnt, I'd never get any work done.

When I looked into living there a few months back I checked out a unit on the 28th floor. My fiance literally had to pull me back from the window. I almost took it just for the view. Good thing I didnt, I'd never get any work done.

When I move out of the apartment I am in now, I would like to look into something downtown, and always thought the Millender Center would be awesome. So yeah, if anyone has pics of views from it, that'd be sweet.