Detroit Photo of the Day

Allan

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know the difference between how much it cost to rennovate, vs. how much it would cost to bulldoze it and rebuilt a replica?

I mean, the entire thing was a wreck, all that they had to start with was a shell, and even that wasn't in great shape.

It looks fantastic though. I'd love to live in a house like that. Good job to the people who worked on it. :)

Why would you be disappointed by that? Single-family homes/mansions that close to downtown haven't made sense since probably before the 1920's. The fact that any of those mansions/single-family homes are still standing in Brush Park is amazing to me. Economically and use wise, Brush Park should have been made a historic condo district long ago. The only thing that saved any of them, believe it or not, was the decline of Detroit. How ironic.

Edited by Lmichigan

Why would you be disappointed by that? Single-family homes/mansions that close to downtown haven't made sense since probably before the 1920's. The fact that any of those mansions/single-family homes are still standing in Brush Park is amazing to me. Economically and use wise, Brush Park should have been made a historic condo district long ago. The only thing that saved any of them, believe it or not, was the decline of Detroit. How ironic.

• 3 weeks later...

next time any of you need a Detroit ego boost, drive through mexicantown along vernor from say Livernois to the I-75 service drive. SW Detroit is really something to get excited about... lots of cool restoration and a good deal of quality structures still fronting the street.