Detroit Photo of the Day

Allan

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It can be fixed with either putting chopped chicken atop a waffle and putting syrup or gravy on top, or simply seperately (most common) fixing waffles and fried chicken and eating it as part of the same meal. I can't eat anything that heavy in the morning or it makes me sick. In fact, Roscoe's House of Chicken 'n Waffles is a relatively famous resturant chain in Los Angeles, that takes its name from the meal: http://www.roscoeschickenandwaffles.com/ You can find similar restuarants pretty much in any city with a significant black population.

Hey, does anyone want to take a guess at where these aerials were taken over Detroit?

369125604_0db4fdf25e_b.jpg

elneenya2 - http://www.flickr.com/photos/elneenya/

369125601_444581a754_b.jpg

elneenya2 - http://www.flickr.com/photos/elneenya/

Edited by Lmichigan

Ha ha, very funny. ;) To tell you the truth, I think the Metro Detroit thread is redundant. It'd be different if there was enough photo takers to warrant two seperate threads.

I don't think it's Woodward, though, because you can see how the street just abruptly ends. Perhaps, we're looking along Gratiot?

Edited by Lmichigan

Ha ha, very funny. ;) To tell you the truth, I think the Metro Detroit thread is redundant. It'd be different if there was enough photo takers to warrant two seperate threads.

I don't think it's Woodward, though, because you can see how the street just abruptly ends. Perhaps, we're looking along Gratiot?

A cool picture from the book "Detroit's Downtown Movie Palaces" courtesy of the Faded Detroit blog showing what the Fine Arts Building/Adam's Theatre and the Mutual Building used to look like. Man, it's such a shame the ornamentation atop the Mutual Building was scrapped. Now, it just looks ugly:

EDIT

Edited by Lmichigan

If I could ever buy that building, I would bring the back the ornamentation back (through mockery of course). That just looks too awesome. If I had that kind of money, I would likely have enough money to plop something down on the Statler and Tuller sites too. Man, what did our city use to look like!!! :)

A cool picture from the book "Detroit's Downtown Movie Palaces" courtesy of the Faded Detroit blog showing what the Fine Arts Building/Adam's Theatre and the Mutual Building used to look like. Man, it's such a shame the ornamentation atop the Mutual Building was scrapped. Now, it just looks ugly:

EDIT

Edited by lelandpalmer

It's a shame the ornamentation was taken off, but I think the building still looks good. It's different, but I don't think it made it made it too much better or worse.

Thanks for posting the picture. For some reason there aren't many photos of that building pre-modernization.