Show your city's density

ShowMeKC

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The pictures of Detroit on this page (and page 1 posted by Allan) are breathtaking.

Also, Columbia, SC showed suprising density from the picture far away.

Finally, Sao Paulo just goes to show how dense and urban the rest of the world can be. I tend to forget this while living the American dream here - house in the burbs with a huge fenced in yard where the only thing in walking distance is the mail box.

A few shots from Minneapolis:

This first one pre-dates at least 1960 as the IDS tower hadn't gone up yet and there are no freeways in sight.

pf013121.jpg

This one shows one of the newest condo developments down town. There are a lot more projects proposed and the added population downtown will increase the density quite a bit as the CBD transforms from the traditional conal pyramid look to a more broad area with several more tall towers.

1089404922-16787full.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

The pictures of Detroit on this page (and page 1 posted by Allan) are breathtaking.

Also, Columbia, SC showed suprising density from the picture far away.

Finally, Sao Paulo just goes to show how dense and urban the rest of the world can be.  I tend to forget this while living the American dream here - house in the burbs with a huge fenced in yard where the only thing in walking distance is the mail box.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I like high density,but that area of Sao Paulo is just ridiculous. The only reason I could fathom why they built so many high rise residentials so close together is they must of had a severe housing shortage. It's like build me high rises and build lots of them and quick.

New Orleans

Landsat_new_orleans_nfl.jpg

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That photo shows you why New Orleans is the 5th most densely populated urban area in the United States,of areas over 500,000. The area is almost literally an island,you can't build north because of Pontchartrain,and it's completely surrounded by swamps. There's not much area to build on,unless you reclaim from swamp. If New Orleans ever became a hot spot like Phoenix I could imagine high rise residentials popping up all over the place.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived