Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Aaron

S'more Detroit for ya.

Just some photos culled together from my archive of the past several months (taken on several different days, of course.)

IM000769.JPG

IM000770.JPG

IM000771.JPG

IM000772.JPG

IM000773.JPG

IM000774.JPG

IM000775.JPG

IM000776.JPG

IM000777.JPG

IM000778.JPG

IM000779.JPG

IM000799.JPG

IM000780.JPG

IM000840.JPG

IM000841.JPG

IM000842.JPG

IM000843.JPG

IM000844.JPG

IM000845.JPG

IM000846.JPG

IM000847.JPG

IM000848.JPG

IM000850.JPG

IM000851.JPG

IM000852.JPG

IM000853.JPG

IM000854.JPG

IM000855.JPG

IM000856.JPG

IM000857.JPG

IM000860.JPG

IM000865.JPG

IM000875.JPG

IM000876.JPG

IM000877.JPG

IM000921.JPG

IM000925.JPG

IM000926.JPG

Hope you enjoyed!

Nice photos, Aaron! I see that you actually drive in downtown, LOL. I avoid driving there at all costs - too much construction. A couple of weeks ago it took me 45 minutes to get from Grand Circus Park to Jefferson!

I especially like the shot of the skyline from Comerica Park. It's too bad that the framework holding up the lights is blocking the Guardian Building though.

I see you made it to Rivertown too. I've been meaning to go take photographs there for some time but I've never gotten around to it. I've been too busy documenting the ruins of Brush Park...those are coming down fast these days. The city keeps demolishing more and more of the old mansions. :(

I was down there quite a bit during the summer, but I generally went on Tuesdays. I have a lot farther to drive though, since I live about 15 miles south of Flint in the summertime. Now that I am Southfield for school though, it is only a 15 minute drive...which is about the only good thing about living in Southfield. It gets so boring around here on the weekends!!!

I like Michigan's blue license plates. They look good with any color of car, unlike some states'. Besides, this is Michigan...the blue symbolizes all the lakes here.

You can get different plates for a fee. I have this one on my car:

michigannew2larger.jpg

Actually, for those who are interested, you should check out this link: http://www.rtbrandon.com/blankplates/gallery6.html

Detroit is really neat from Comercia Park! It looks a little bit better from that angle than from any other side. That is my favorite shot of Detroit that I have seen.

I like that plate, but the original blue one I'm not a fan of. Though Vermont's all green one isn't much better. ^_^

Edit: Vermont, too, has alternate license plates. I'll see if I can find one that I see around quite a bit. Ah, here's one.

lp_lisenceplate.gif

I like this one a lot.

i love the photos, its hard to find ne detroit pics with blue sky  :P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm going downtown this afternoon, and the sky is clearing up...so I should get some shots with a nice blue sky. :)

I have completely missed this thread for some reason, so I'm going to revive it damnit!

Love the pics Aaron!! Especially the one with that sky over the city!

I like Michigan's blue license plates.  They look good with any color of car, unlike some states'.  Besides, this is Michigan...the blue symbolizes all the lakes here.

You can get different plates for a fee.  I have this one on my car:

michigannew2larger.jpg

Actually, for those who are interested, you should check out this link: http://www.rtbrandon.com/blankplates/gallery6.html

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Why couldn't we have Detroit on our plates rather than a bridge?

These are fantastic! I see that most of them were taken after the pistons won! The one that you took from comerica park was truly stunning, and I think I may have been at that game. It was also good to see ol' Tiger Stadium again. Keep up the good work!