First Ward Urban Village / North Tryon Vision Plan

uptownliving

• 3 weeks later...

While we're on the topic of The Park, I was curious to see if the Renwick project would get a "dead cat bounce" back up. I emailed the contact there and about 5 days later got an email saying the Renwick was still a go and was offered floor plan selections, but no futher details about when shovels would be in the ground or anything. Last I looked, there had been some griffiti sprayed on the Renwick sign.

While we're on the topic of The Park, I was curious to see if the Renwick project would get a "dead cat bounce" back up.  I emailed the contact there and about 5 days later got an email saying the Renwick was still a go and was offered floor plan selections, but no futher details about when shovels would be in the ground or anything.  Last I looked, there had been some griffiti sprayed on the Renwick sign.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

NEWS14 was doing a piece about this. Did anyone catch the piece regarding the Renwick? I have no idea what the news report was about, but remember that it was specific to the Renwick. From what I gathered it is still a go.

A2

Well after some hounding on my part, the rep was nice enough to give me the following date estimates: bulldozers next month with completion estimated in late 2006.  From their sales sheet, they have sold 70 of the 85 units.    :thumbsup:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Awesome job Smelly. This is great news. :thumbsup:

A2

What issues did it have?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

tivoli has had issues with noise. My point was that flat-style low rise condos (3 or 4 stories with condos on top of eachother) are the least desirable housing type downtown. Townhouses and higher rise (with concrete construction) have much fewer issues with noise/privacy.

Well after some hounding on my part, the rep was nice enough to give me the following date estimates: bulldozers next month with completion estimated in late 2006.  From their sales sheet, they have sold 70 of the 85 units.    :thumbsup:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Maybe they're telling the truth. Sure does seem like I heard the same story about The Park every other month. They also had sold most of their units.

When the construction equipment shows up, then I'll believe it. Till then, I'm a skeptic.

tivoli has had issues with noise.  My point was that flat-style low rise condos (3 or 4 stories with condos on top of eachother) are the least desirable housing type downtown.  Townhouses and higher rise (with concrete construction) have much fewer issues with noise/privacy.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Their location right next to the freeway doesn't help.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

i noticed that the first stick framing started going up in the past few days on Court6. It seemed like there was quite a wait between foundation work and the framing, but i guess they have to do utilities and a stuff like that before they start building up (M Street has been in the same stage for a little while, too).

Based on this status, do you guys think this will still be ready this fall, at the same time courtside opens? It seems like it would take a little longer than a few months to complete.

At the site today a crew from Andy's something or other was surveying between 6th and 7th from the Hoefner basketball courts to N. McDowell. Neither surveyer knew what they were surveying for or for whom. One said they surveyed the land across the street at the cultural center last week. From what I could see they were markeing the edges with little orange flags and painting pretty lines near utility connections.

Anybody but me and the wife buy at M Street? (For those unfamilar, this is a Furman project on the southeast corner of 7th & McDowell in 1st Ward.)

Today I stood at my soon to be front stoop (OK it was a painted outline) and got all tingly. Simultaneously - and right in front of me - two trailer loads of sticks arrived on site. The foundations are 90%, the sewers, plumbing and curbs are in, and half the streets are hot topped. Yah!

I've been taking the same 4 photo angles about once a month since Dec. so I can have a cool slide show of start to finish. Does that make me a geek?

Here's a sampling:

From 7th looking North:

4/21/05

7thtelpolepannormal20050421768.jpg

9/13/05

7thtelpolepannormal20050913768.jpg

At 8th & McDowell:

12/8/04

8thandmcdowellpannormal20041208768.jpg

9/13/05

8thandmcdowellpannormal20050913768.jpg

7th & McDowell:

12/8/04

200412081768.jpg

9/13/05

7thMcDowellpannormal200509131768.jpg

I wondered the same thing. Would be awesome. We took a unit with a 3rd floor balcony so we were as high as possible.

Supposedly each Centro development is improved based on feedback from the customers of the previous development. I guess skyline terraces were traded off for higher priority ameneties so they could hit a target price range.