First Ward Urban Village / North Tryon Vision Plan

uptownliving

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
8 minutes ago, DMann said:

Yea, I guess I am assuming that he will complete the project.  I should have given that more thought!:rolleyes:

Well, he still might. The thing is... The Parking Deck will be at least 2-3 floors taller than the apartments.

So I know that the columns for the first floor of the apartments have been up for a while but I haven't seen any work on the actual apartments since then, I've only noticed work on the parking deck.  Are they waiting to complete the parking deck before continuing work on the apartments?  

8 minutes ago, Niner National said:

lol seriously?

Its currently at 9 floors, The apartments are only 6. So with it topping off with two elevator towers to reach the top level it'll stick out a good few floors above the apartments. unless the apartments are built with higher floor heights, which is certainly possible.

17 minutes ago, DMann said:

Isn't some of that parking supposed to go to the phantom office building that DL is going to (someday) put next to the UNCC Classroom Building?

That will have its own parking.

On 12/13/2016 at 2:59 PM, DMann said:

Isn't some of that parking supposed to go to the phantom office building that DL is going to (someday) put next to the UNCC Classroom Building?

A certain number of those spaces are dedicated for UNCC students. I don't really remember the ratios.

Edited by jednc

• 3 weeks later...

One of Levine's chunks of Land that is up for sale is under contract. Word on the street is the buyer is a big name residential developer. Still trying to determine whom.

Side Note: Hilarious that they put a picture up where the overlaying areas very clearly shifted over a lot.

Screen Shot 2017-01-04 at 4.26.35 PM.png

Edited by Guest

• 2 weeks later...
59 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

Views from First Ward Park this park is really growing on me. Will be glad when the trees get bigger. Love the views here. Also UNC Charlotte uptown campus building and in the background the massive Levine parking garage which will be wrapped in apartments. CAM07403.jpg

Now that the uptown campus is linked to the main campus via light-rail, would not surprise me to see more uptown uncc development in the long term. Master-plan for the main campus is nearly complete. 

Edited by mpretori
  • Like 3

Like mpretori mentioned, the development of more UNCC campus uptown is very realistic.  With the troubles the Charlotte School of Law are having, wonder how hard the school pursues the option to start a Law School?  Being able to have internships and such with all the legal/govt buildings Uptown is huge, all while being connected to the main campus via light rail.

• Like 2