First Ward Urban Village / North Tryon Vision Plan

uptownliving

1 hour ago, SgtCampsalot said:

Does anyone know when the next time City Council is supposed to discuss Levine-land at all? Or is it just on their back-burner because he's missed his deadlines.

That's my biggest fear. And it would happen. I ask everyone about City Council status because they seem to be the only ones that could pressure him.

I can handle empty blocks for 20 years, but I can't handle losing the Treolar house, especially out of negligence.

Sounds like a great article opportunity. 

On 4/17/2018 at 11:27 AM, uptownliving said:

The building colors are bland but the material choice looks to be good. Where they really need to add some color are in the street level and rooftop pool renderings. I'm not sure how many people of color work at Perkins Eastman, but good grief people it's 2018 and successful non white people will be living in this apartment so put them in the damn renderings!!!!! Not a single non white person in the renderings.

Screenshot_20180417-112215.png

In addition to no people of color, There looks to be no one over the weight of 125.

• Haha 4

Amen. I love First Ward Park. I pick one child up at FUMC daycare, and a second child up at Lab School. We often stop at FWP before the train ride home. 

Please. . .Shut off 8th between College and Brevard. I’ve spoken to the city about this, and their position is that they have signs up, that’s enough!

Closing this street would be a huge win for families using First Ward Park.

Edited by enicideme
  • Like 2

• dubone changed the title to First Ward Urban Village / North Tryon Vision Plan
  • 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Hunted said:

^^ I'm taking all of the heights in that rendering with a huge grain of salt. Obviously, they were disappointingly low, but I'm sure it's far from being set in stone. Remaining optimistic.

It will absolutely be taller. 

1 hour ago, KJHburg said:

Thank goodness.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, KJHburg said:

Crescent's chance to make a splash with its new owner by building Charlotte's first wooden skyscraper? I'm mostly joking but if they too were proposing 15 floors it would be feasible although I bet it'd be controversial. But I digress... 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, cmett003 said:

Better than nothing at all and more empty parking lots

I disagree. I'd rather wait it out for something better than to have mediocre stuff rushed.

Not saying that this will be... just saying, in general.

• Like 1

Why does this article say this about Crescent and the North Tryon plan yet their name was not mentioned as one of the interested parties?  Application received too late? 

""In Charlotte, a development project that will span two Uptown blocks is attracting Cresent’s attention. “We have entered our name as an interested party in the request for qualifications for the Seventh & Tryon project,” Mansfield said. “That is a project the length and the duration of which, perhaps under our existing owners, we would not have pursued.” “We still have to learn a lot more about that before we know if it’s sensible, but I think that having ownership with a very long-term horizon may give us a little added flexibility for larger longer-term projects like Seventh & Tryon.”""

https://www.bisnow.com/national/news/commercial-real-estate/crescents-ceo-on-what-the-development-companys-sale-means-and-why-dallas-austin-denver-and-charlotte-should-pay-attention-88424?utm_source=MorningBrief&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=20180517_charlotte_morningbrief&be=kj%40charlottehomes.com&email=kj%40charlottehomes.com

• Like 2

Since Discovery Place is along N Tryon I will put this here.  Bank of America is donating their former child care center behind the Discovery Place parking deck that is now used as STEM Center for Career Development to Discovery Place.  Read more about it here https://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2018/05/18/bank-of-america-donates-uptown-property-for.html?ana=e_ae_set2&s=article_du&ed=2018-05-18&u=oAaDx%2B74FoP4qOJ%2By4AU6dhJPpc&t=1526691370&j=81674491

• Like 4

For FWP I would install a couple of solar trees like they have in various locations like Singapore.  But figure out a way to provide a little shade so they are more functional than ornamental.  charlotte has so much space around center city to be put to good use.  I don't understand why more out of the box designs, creative use spaces, and futuristics themes are not implemented.  Honestly, the city does not have to tear anything down to find land.  There is no super powerful historical society to fight when trying to implement a future leaning theme.  Get frakin creative Charlotte.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...