First Ward Urban Village / North Tryon Vision Plan

uptownliving

15 hours ago, Niner National said:

Hopefully it cant be fixed, bankrupts Levine, and he has to sell his land to cover his losses.

We all can wish... I just found out that 100++ acres around International Drive (Providence Rd south of Fairview Rd) are all owned by him.

My point is that his land holdings (even in more obscure places) around Charlotte are substantial.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

Noting:

The Breakfast Club was where an interesting event took place in 2010. A woman walked up to a man on the dance floor during his private birthday party and shot him in the head two times and walked out. She was apprehended a year(!) later.

http://www.crimeincharlotte.com/man-shot-killed-at-the-breakfast-club/

• Sad 1

This is a disgrace. At some point it becomes just as much a failure of city leadership as it is of a bum of a developer.

I emailed all on the city council about this in October. I have received crickets back.

When I emailed in support of NAI in midtown and DFA building in south end I got at least mails back from half saying thank you for input.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, kermit said:

For less than $100 bucks two of us can walk up and hand a banner with his name on it. I have always wanted to make UP more Greenpeaceish. 

Hell, I bet RDF would design a very intagramable Levine sign / banner pro bono.

The city approved a plan that a) provided actual parking and b) had apartments around it.

I'll throw in $20.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

22 hours ago, KJHburg said:

You can say what you want about the Legacy mega garage but when it is done it will be used first by construction workers then office tenants shortly thereafter.  How many years are we going on since the "completion" of this deck?   Is there a structural issue with it?   How about some investigative reporting on this.  Someone quiz the city, UNCC and of course Levine.  

IMG_8078.JPG

I believe what the problem could be with this parking deck (besides the developers own intransigence) is that it's not been built to proper standards in order to wrap Apartments around.  Typically apartment decks have to be sealed on three (or more) sides to permit Apartments to wrap them unless there will be a gap between the sides of the Apartments/Parking Deck to permit CO gases to diffuse into the atmosphere.

Doesnt look like this was built to those standards.  The new 11 Story revised Apartment Building Plans Levine was getting approved if constructed would probably need to seal off the deck on at least 3 sides if they share a Party Wall during the construction phase of the apartments.

• Like 1

I believe what the problem could be with this parking deck (besides the developers own intransigence) is that it's not been built to proper standards in order to wrap Apartments around.  Typically apartment decks have to be sealed on three (or more) sides to permit Apartments to wrap them unless there will be a gap between the sides of the Apartments/Parking Deck to permit CO gases to diffuse into the atmosphere.
Doesnt look like this was built to those standards.  The new 11 Story revised Apartment Building Plans Levine was getting approved if constructed would probably need to seal off the deck on at least 3 sides if they share a Party Wall during the construction phase of the apartments.

Well for what it’s worth, it was approved in planning to be sealed in this manner... it just has not ever been sealed... quagmire, its a fudgeing quagmire

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

*Old renderings

I really wish that they'd keep this design. Lighter brick, with a more modern green space,  add in a couple retail spaces, and this would be a decent project tho it takes up sooo much land .Love the slanted balconies too. It gives me Rail Yard vibes. 

Levine7-960x640.jpg

Levine6-960x640.jpg

Edited by j-man
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, j-man said:

*Old renderings

I really wish that they'd keep this design. Lighter brick, with a more modern green space, and this would be an ok project.Love the slanted balconies.

I disagree. I rather like the current design choice. Its very "abandoned construction site chic" Reminds me of some of my favorite movies Mad Max and I am Legend. Its a shame Homeland went off to film elsewhere, would have made a great set.

image.png.1af02f0456ff4b0c3f10dd306bbb3d89.png

Edited by Guest

1 minute ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

I disagree. I rather like the current design choice. Its very "abandoned construction site chic" Reminds me of some of my favorite movies Mad Max and I am Legend. Its a shame Homeland went off to film elswhere, would have made a great set.

:tw_unamused: hmmmm

Edited by j-man

On 1/6/2019 at 1:37 PM, kermit said:

For less than $100, two of us can walk up to the top of this thing and hang a banner shaming him.  I volunteer...  always wanted to make UP more Greenpeaceish. 

Hell, I bet RDF would design a very intagramable banner calling Levine out, pro-bono.

The city approved a plan that a) provided actual parking,  b) had apartments around it, and c) didn't block multiple traffic lanes for _years_.

Well then, which party is remiss ... this far down the pike ?

• Like 1

On 1/6/2019 at 1:37 PM, kermit said:
The city approved a plan that a) provided actual parking,  b) had apartments around it, and c) didn't block multiple traffic lanes for _years_.

Oh my god. I missed this@kermit. I can easily print a massive banner for free, I have 60” wide printers at work, I could do a 5ft by 20 ft banner, wonder how much it would weigh, going to fly down in a few weeks for the all star game. Then it could be potentially on international stage.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Guest

21 hours ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

I disagree. I rather like the current design choice. Its very "abandoned construction site chic" Reminds me of some of my favorite movies Mad Max and I am Legend. Its a shame Homeland went off to film elsewhere, would have made a great set.

image.png.1af02f0456ff4b0c3f10dd306bbb3d89.png

image.thumb.png.e5cba664da1b8d9fea96c54c0a99d7f1.png

Maybe they could film a before and after of Tripoli. Use this building before, and use levineland as the after...

• 2 weeks later...

I think an Epicenter 2 would be great to go along with some of the developments on this side of Uptown. Wouldn’t that be great for this side to have that same type of energy. Maybe a little different lime with a movie theatre, Dave & Busters, with lots of bars and restaurants. I ever that will drive more developers to actually do something, or at least sell their land to another willing to do something. 

• Like 1