First Ward Urban Village / North Tryon Vision Plan

uptownliving

• 3 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, JRNYP2C said:

Are our expectations that high on this project?  I expect this thing to sit idle for at least another year with extremely little or no movement.  Levine will probably wait for the economic downturn to feign some sort of sob story about how he won't be able to make any updates.

It is so sad that a city that is growing in leaps and bounds is still held hostage by this scam artist.

The scary thing is that it is freaking easy to build a parking deck. Like how tf does this happen?

Time to give up hope on Publix ?

I think the city announcing 7th and Tryon plans would help catalyze this project a little. I don’t think it’s time to give up hope though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why did they put this color brick on the deck. It’s not even the same color as the apartments that will one day go there. 

Well it’s the color brick of what was going there. 24b4bd5444afc0aaf71d49268e82ee74.jpg60508b05bca4359e50ea12c11d98d485.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

49 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Well it’s the color brick of what was going there. 24b4bd5444afc0aaf71d49268e82ee74.jpg60508b05bca4359e50ea12c11d98d485.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If only.....I drove by the other day (on a purposeful detour heading to Winston-Salem for work) just to see the train wreck that this actually is. It truly is a real eyesore on an otherwise beautiful city. 

Just maybe this thing actually happens. But I won’t hold my breath. 

Edited by A2.
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, j-man said:

But the one up now looks like a much darker brown. Not this...

Rendered in direct sunlight, photo taken in shadow. I'm also not understanding why you are even questioning it, its probably the only mildly attractive part of this deck. haha. Otherwise, I wouldn't waste my time on this project.

Edited by Guest

11 hours ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Rendered in direct sunlight, photo taken in shadow. I'm also not understanding why you are even questioning it, its probably the only mildly attractive part of this deck. haha. Otherwise, I wouldn't waste my time on this project.

Idk it’s such a huge project and just wonder sometimes about the creative process that seems to be lacking that’s all. I know not everybody has the eye for these things so I’ll keep my thoughts closer to myself. 

1 hour ago, j-man said:

Idk it’s such a huge project and just wonder sometimes about the creative process that seems to be lacking that’s all. I know not everybody has the eye for these things so I’ll keep my thoughts closer to myself. 

haha. no need to keep them closer to yourself. Happy to hear them out. I just can't judge a parking deck where only 1/8 of one of 4 faces was completed.

1 hour ago, NOLA2CLT said:

drove by this project going down 10th yesterday...there has been some sort of "work" going on along the sidewalk...not sure if that is the "construction" people were anticipating, but the site was "active".  Any one have any info on that?

maybe it was the tweet that got 10,000 impressions, calling for people to retweet if they were tired of Levine holding our pedestrian infrastructure hostage. Not that I had anything to do with it.