First Ward Urban Village / North Tryon Vision Plan

uptownliving

1 hour ago, CharlotteWkndBuzz said:

Probably exactly why the lights stay on and I'm sure uncc rentacops patrol it. 

I really hope UNCC isn't wasting money protecting someone else's failure that is preventing them from providing parking to their students, staff, and visitors.

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, TCLT said:

I got the below responses from the city to questions about this project. Makes me optimistic that we'll see Brevard restored sooner rather than later. And between ROW fees and the now drastically increased tax bill for this property (on top of the revenue he's missing out on), I don't understand how there isn't more urgency from Levine to get this completed.

Regarding the streets:

Regarding agreements between the city and Levine:

Can't believe the city was that transparent *leaks*

Library announces its is $100 M redo and it will be 80,000 sq ft vs 157,000 sq ft now.

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/local/article236985951.html

from the article

""The county has committed $65 million in public funding to the ambitious overhaul, according to the capital improvement plan for fiscal years 2019 through 2023. It is unclear how other funding sources, including the Charlotte Mecklenburg Library Foundation’s campaign, will cover the rest of the building’s $100+ million cost.""

Edited by KJHburg
  • Like 4

14 minutes ago, Cpink said:

On top of that - the link below is the architect of the project. Their portfolio does not disappoint. I am so stoked to see the renderings for the new library!

https://snohetta.com/projects

Whoa, that's some sexy architecture. Their website is full of work that's more cutting-edge than anything we have in Charlotte right now, that makes me really hopeful for the new library.

• Like 4