First Ward Urban Village / North Tryon Vision Plan

uptownliving

Does anyone have a list of projects that Levine Properties has actually delivered in Charlotte? How big of a hand did they have in the park's development after the land swap?  I didn't realize that this is their website.  What a joke.

What's the history of using eminent domain to remove urban blight? First Ward is no stranger to some urban renewal right?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, tarhoosier said:

I used the library building before our current one and the present building has more light and openness than that from the 1950s. The biggest change today is the electronic access and resources which no one anticipated in 1986.

It seemed a lot busier too. But, maybe it just seemed that way since I was a youngster then.  My 5th grade teacher used to drop me and a couple of students off in the morning, and then pick us up in the afternoon. Imagine a teacher dropping her kids off downtown unmonitored today

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This is definitely close enough to Spirit Square to be mentioned here:

The retail property (Sabor, Top Golf, etc) across College St has traded hands at $430 /sqft (paywalled article: https://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2019/11/26/uptown-property-that-houses-several-restaurants.html  )

Austin, Texas-based Westward Capital Group acquired Northside Station, at North College and East Sixth streets, for nearly $15.8 million, according to Mecklenburg County real estate records. The 36,611-square-foot property is fully leased to tenants Topgolf Swing Suite, QC Social Lounge, The Imperial, Lucky’s Bar & Arcade, Sabor Latin Street Grill and Jimmy John’s.

Westward paid about $430 per square foot for Northside Station, which was developed by Ascent Real Estate Partners, working in a joint venture with David Furman and BPR Properties. The former warehouse building is more than 80 years old.

Possibility of this property being redeveloped?

Edited by Scribe
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, InSouthPark said:

You have to remember Imaginon is the children's library now.   And if you have never been in Imaginon...it's basically a kid free for all. LOL.   Any time I have brought my daughter there, it is extremely busy and is a great resource for kids. 

I loved that place.  I used to bring my son all the time.

• Like 1

It seems I was very wrong to think they’re trying to get this ready for cars, so say goodbye to his financial incentives. I guess Levine is incompetent but not necessarily unethical. And I don’t think any cars are going to be in this thing for a long time. They’re sealing up the entrance on 11th, which was smaller than I realized (only one car wide). There doesn’t look to be any other usable vehicle entrance right now.

109be6a53b64cfc6dfc606e8dc9666dc.jpg

58b68f20fda97b5d463e6ac0edc6a3ca.jpg

6bb6d90d2f93bbeab8e1e79bc739b1ca.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

On 12/2/2019 at 2:59 PM, KJHburg said:

what in the world is going on with this?   I beginning to think there are structural issues as mentioned long ago on this page.  what other reason could there for not opening this and getting some revenue going??? 

Not sure if it is any way structurally significant, but the second from top level along 11th Street is pretty misaligned.

E: This is what I'm talking about. May not be a problem, but at the very least it looks janky.

Janky Alignment.png

Edited by TCLT
photo
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, DMann said:

Cant read it, can anyone open and cut and paste?

2 local commercial sites are sold. One is home to TopGolf, the other is leased to Lowe’s

Two commercial real estate firms announce $15 million sales of retail property in the Charlotte area, and some well-known names are among the tenants. Here are the details:

NORTHSIDE STATION SOLD 

Cushman & Wakefield arranged the $15.75 million sale of Northside Station in uptown Charlotte to Westward Capital Group, according to a Cushman press release. 

The 36,611-square-foot, mixed-use space at 300 N. College St. is leased to six tenants, including TopGolf, QC Social, The Imperial, Lucky’s Bar & Arcade, Sabor and Jimmy John’s, the release said.

The modernized 1930s building is adjacent to the future Truist Bank headquarters. The 7th Street Lynx Blue Line light rail stop also is nearby.

Westward Capital Group, based in Austin, Texas, specializes in high growth secondary markets throughout the southern U.S., according to its website.

JLL CLOSES ON CONCORD BUILDING

JLL, a commercial real estate services firm, announced in a press release the $15.15 million sale of a 135,197-square-foot, single-tenant retail building leased to Lowe’s in Concord.

JLL marketed the property on behalf of the seller, purchased by a private investor that it did not name, the release said.

The building on 20 acres at 940 N. Concord Parkway has been leased to Lowe’s, headquartered in Mooresville, since it was built in 1999.

“Given the strength of the Lowe’s and the tremendous residential growth in the Charlotte suburbs, this asset generated numerous offers,” JLL Capital Markets Managing Director Marc Mandel stated.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, NOLA2CLT said:

Werent there plans for like a 30 story condo or apartment building here about 10 years back?  I recall there may be a UP forum on it, but not sure

I wouldn't say ten years, but that I wouldn't say "planned" so much as "envisioned" to show what you could build here, if you were to buy the land