First Ward Urban Village / North Tryon Vision Plan

uptownliving

4 minutes ago, tarhoosier said:

It is relevant to the CO report that reporters do not write headlines. Headlines are written today to attract clicks when they appear online. In the past they were to collect attention on the page though this has lessened with the transfer to digital. Reporters write and an editor (or someone) creates headlines

Yep! Absolutely! Thats why I commended Danielle for a superb article, but cry foul at the failing observer. :-)

https://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2020/03/04/exclusive-developer-gives-first-insight-into-its.html?iana=hpmvp_clt_news_headline

Like I said. 242cb74c41b6c6917e0c3ea2403b40a8.jpg&key=78bddd17b8d5164019f1698a8aaa08adad0df137903bf9e0f3638377581846ba

But really. Just trust me. Anyways, I hear there’s a office tenant, so maybe just maybe this will move somewhat quickly. Expect a rendering this month, filing a FOIA request 2morrow. I know there’s already one other.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am all for more affordable housing in uptown however when you are talking high rise construction is very expensive and like that article says the numbers and the gap are too big.  Why do think most recent uptown developments have both high rise and low rise stick built apartments?  I think Brooklyn Village should have more affordable housing and then you have the old Hal Marshall property where a stick built 5 story or so apartment complex could be built since it is county owned land.   Charlotte Housing Authority let that Hall House sit empty for years and years and they need to sell it to raise money for their efforts.  

• Like 1

I am all for more affordable housing in uptown however when you are talking high rise construction is very expensive and like that article says the numbers and the gap are too big.  Why do think most recent uptown developments have both high rise and low rise stick built apartments?  I think Brooklyn Village should have more affordable housing and then you have the old Hal Marshall property where a stick built 5 story or so apartment complex could be built since it is county owned land.   Charlotte Housing Authority let that Hall House sit empty for years and years and they need to sell it to raise money for their efforts.  

Affordable housing is still on the table, it’s just a separate project. Will Inilivian be able to figure it out? Probably not. I’ve asked my buddy who develops affordable housing in Miami to look into it.

1 minute ago, Tyree Ricardo said:

Affordable housing is still on the table, it’s just a separate project. Will Inilivian be able to figure it out? Probably not. I’ve asked my buddy who develops affordable housing in Miami to look into it.

I want to know how much Inlivian spent on this rebranding since I have seen advertisements for it doing a FOIA on that too.  

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Dale said:

Just caught a snippet on the news. Seems an affordable housing advocacy group is trying to stop this because it’s “too expensive” ?

Probably read the misleading observer headline and drew the same conclusion as more than half the folks on this board, and on the interwebs. 

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, KJHburg said:

I would like to know if the city is fining the owner of this garage for not having any protection around it as parts of are a dangerous construction site?   ANY other developer in town would be fined it seems.  

I don't think it's any real secret. Levine throws his money at certain institutions and gets his name on buildings around town, while his own shortcomings as a "developer" are politely overlooked.

10 minutes ago, Matthew.Brendan said:

I don't think it's any real secret. Levine throws his money at certain institutions and gets his name on buildings around town, while his own shortcomings as a "developer" are politely overlooked.

he is not the Levine things are named after. That would be Leon Levine founder of Family Dollar, Daniel's uncle.

Edited by Guest

So Levine has only ever been successfully able to build and run a parking lot. And the number of commuters into uptown has drastically decreased. Is it wrong to hope he sees enough of a revenue drop that he has to sell some parcels to cover his expenses?

7 minutes ago, TCLT said:

So Levine has only ever been successfully able to build and run a parking lot. And the number of commuters into uptown has drastically decreased. Is it wrong to hope he sees enough of a revenue drop that he has to sell some parcels to cover his expenses?

He's actually developed quite a bit of properties around Charlotte, and industrial properties in other states. Uptown just seems to be the one child he never gave up. A child that has been neglected, and allowed to wallow around in its own filth. They will probably block me on twitter again after this, after I worked hard to regain that relationship 

Edited by Guest

3 hours ago, atlrvr said:

Kansas City's public library garage disagrees...

e35b6001095cc44a837ca4d36c8c1cd7beca8619

So does this Frank Gehry-designed office building in Venice, CA

fe61e8ad420d332bcaa39f207921db7b.jpg

The car entrance is between the binocular lenses. The legend is that Gehry had designed the two parts of the building on either side of the binoculars and couldn't figure out how to finish the design, until he absent-mindedly put his binoculars down on the model and liked the result. I don't know how true that legend is since the binoculars themselves are actually a large public artwork.

• Like 2