First Ward Urban Village / North Tryon Vision Plan

uptownliving

• 1 month later...
On 5/16/2020 at 4:54 PM, Tyree Ricardo said:

Puts on Tinfoil hat: What if Daniel Levine started Covid-19 to keep from having to build anything for another 5 years.

The 5G conspiracy is more believable. If Levine was developing a new coronavirus it would still be unfinished in a lab somewhere.

On the plus side, there's still an attempt to put a sidewalk on Brevard. Unfortunately they decided to plop utility equipment directly into the path of the sidewalk which looks just fantastic. So this project's tradition of incompetence and disappointment is still strong. Still plenty of tetanus opportunities too! We know Levine is not capable of feeling shame, but the city/county should be embarrassed at allowing this to exist in such a condition for so long.

IMG_7246.JPG

IMG_7247.JPG

IMG_7248.JPG

IMG_7249.JPG

IMG_7250.JPG

IMG_7251.JPG

IMG_7252.JPG

IMG_7254.JPG

IMG_7255.JPG

IMG_7257.JPG

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 3

11 minutes ago, TCLT said:

The 5G conspiracy is more believable. If Levine was developing a new coronavirus it would still be unfinished in a lab somewhere.

On the plus side, there's still an attempt to put a sidewalk on Brevard. Unfortunately they decided to plop utility equipment directly into the path of the sidewalk which looks just fantastic. So this project's tradition of incompetence and disappointment is still strong. Still plenty of tetanus opportunities too! We know Levine is not capable of feeling shame, but the city/county should be embarrassed at allowing this to exist in such a condition for so long.

IMG_7246.JPG

IMG_7247.JPG

IMG_7248.JPG

IMG_7249.JPG

IMG_7250.JPG

IMG_7251.JPG

IMG_7252.JPG

IMG_7254.JPG

IMG_7255.JPG

IMG_7257.JPG

Lol, Jesus....

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, tozmervo said:

I'm surprised that wasn't caught in the city planning review. Those gray components are temporary (er, well, usually temporary). But the green transformer shouldn't be, unless there was some construction-related phasing plan to move it later (which I highly doubt). 

I’ve never once walked through a city, and been like damn, thats an ugly fudgeing place to put utilities. But like can’t go 2 blocks in Charlotte without saying it

1 hour ago, Urban Cowboy said:

There were some folks with a large drill completing soil testing here yesterday. I’m not aware of any plans, and I believe this is owned by Mecklenburg County...but could be mistaken.

Does anyone have insight?

F8CF0762-9CE2-4CA7-9A6C-998D22C547BC.jpeg

Here is who owns it not the county:   It would be great to see something built there even apartments.

Owner: Samar Ismaiel & Ahmad Ismaiel

Land Use: Multi Family Dwelling

2.33 Acres

Last sold on 05/04/2012 for $765,000

Their taxes went from around $8000 in 2018 to about $40,000 in 2019 no wonder they are developing it too expensive to keep vacant. 

Edited by KJHburg
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Desert Power said:

Unparralled views of homeless encampments too.

I drove down N College St where it merges into N Tryon and that is a huge Los Angeles size homeless camp.  This has to be cleared and people put in treatment, temporary housing, halfway houses or whatever it takes.  That is a black eye to this city and a failure of our political leadership in my opinion.  This does not have to be tolerated and when a basketball game outside is consider a health hazard and this is not???  This is shameful! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, tozmervo said:

I know the county rented a hotel somewhere to house people in separate rooms - does anyone know if that's still going on? 

Not sure if it is still happening, I got the impression it was limited to infected people (not sure) and it was only for around 100 (ish) people. The program also corresponded to local shelters reducing their overnight capacity to enable more distancing (which appears to be what created the more visible camps adjacent to the shelters).

Edited by kermit

21 hours ago, KJHburg said:

I drove down N College St where it merges into N Tryon and that is a huge Los Angeles size homeless camp.  This has to be cleared and people put in treatment, temporary housing, halfway houses or whatever it takes.  That is a black eye to this city and a failure of our political leadership in my opinion.  This does not have to be tolerated and when a basketball game outside is consider a health hazard and this is not???  This is shameful! 

Unfortunately, homelessness occurs everywhere.  I was shocked to see that it exists on Franklin Street when I first moved to Chapel Hill.

• Thanks 1