First Ward Urban Village / North Tryon Vision Plan

uptownliving

I hope the leadership in Plaza Midwood is reading this forum. What has happened in First Ward could just as easily happen in Plaza Midwood and Plaza Midwood could also end up with an empty parking deck that increases crime and decreases property values.

Mr Levine is extremely friendly in person but in First Ward Levine Properties has consistently over promised and under delivered....this has literally been going on for decades. The residents of First Ward lost trust in Daniel Levine a long time ago. 

I have been happy with the property he has sold off to other developers who have shown they are competent and can build something that gets a Certificate of Occupancy from Mecklenburg County.

Again I hope the leadership in Plaza Midwood studies very carefully what happened in First Ward and presses Levine Properties extremely hard on how they will prevent a new parking deck carcass from happening in Plaza Midwood.

The last time this region had a building of this size built and never get a certificate of occupancy was the Heritage USA tower in Ft Mill which is still standing today and is an eyesore that can been seen for miles. I don't want the same fate for this parking deck. It needs to be developed ASAP.

Edited by uptownliving
  • Thanks 4

17 minutes ago, uptownliving said:

I hope the leadership in Plaza Midwood is reading this forum. What has happened in First Ward could just as easily happen in Plaza Midwood and Plaza Midwood could also end up with an empty parking deck that increases crime and decreases property values.

How much land does he own in Plaza?  Is it more than just the apartments and the lot on Commonwealth?

7 minutes ago, CTiger said:

How much land does he own in Plaza?  Is it more than just the apartments and the lot on Commonwealth?

My comments were in reference to the 12 story tower Levine Properties in proposing at the corner of Commonwealth and Plaza. I don't know what other property Levine owns in Plaza Midwood, but anyone can do a property lookup on the Meck Co website and find out.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I would guess Hal Marshall redevelopment may be slow to happen until decisions are made about the Silver Line. If there's a chance the Silver Line will actually happen, a park is really not a great application for that land. The building itself is currently being used for a few things, so happily it's not just sitting vacant. 

57 minutes ago, theronhobbs said:

There's a large park in the area called First Ward Park, and we all know how well that has spurred development in the vicinity... (besides Lennar). Not sure another park 2 blocks away is what's needed.

From the reporting, it appears the Belk family proposed the park with a bunch of sculptures even after First Ward Park was completed.  County commissioners expressed concerns about yet another park so proximal, but also that their agenda was oriented toward what would eventually become luxury developments.  Negotiations were to continue, but no other reporting since.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Blue_Devil said:

If I remember right this is 30+ stories of apartments 

Wow, you mean 30+ stories of apartments at 7th and Tryon?

Does anyone know what's planned for 7th and College, site of the old Levine Museum of the New South?  Also, what's the timing?

Edited by RANYC

25 minutes ago, CLT Development said:

I wouldn't call it dead in the water, they were pretty explicit and said that Hal Marshall wouldn't get any attention until the County/City got further along with any of the other 4 Public Private Partnerships they are part of uptown. 7th and Tryon, Brooklyn Village, CTC, and Gateway Station.

Yes correct on 30+ floors of Apartments at 7th and Tryon by Mill Creek. Levine Museum will be 30+ floors too, but who knows the timing, could be next cycle, could be this cycle, really depends on the economy. 

Appreciate the responses.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
57 minutes ago, atlrvr said:

What he means is once all other property surrounding him is developed, and the Silver line has a station adjacent to him, only then does he believe he can achieve maximum value.

That's exactly right. "I don't have the money to be the sole financing on developing these properties I own, and nobody wants to partner with me right now because the land isn't valuable enough yet."

• Like 1