First Ward Urban Village / North Tryon Vision Plan

uptownliving

I have Google Fiber as well, and while I'm not aware of any plans for expansion in the area, they have announced an expansion plan in several states.  I imagine that if there is expansion in Charlotte it will be much slower and methodical since they already have a user base and the costs of contractor errors installing the existing network didn't go so well.

https://wraltechwire.com/2022/08/10/google-fiber-which-has-growing-nc-reach-expanding-to-five-more-states/

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

I was at a Midwood neighborhood Saturday evening celebration at Van Landingham house in autumn 1996. I accompanied a friend who was a Midwood resident. After the event we decided to go downtown and check on the area. Maybe a drive through, maybe a stop and visit someplace.  It was the first weekend night expedition for any of us. I discovered there was no place to park. Jonathan's, Bar Charlotte, Mythos, and some other hoppin' joints had the streets and nearby lots full. UNCC people, plus those looking for the happening locations. I knew then that the center city would make it. 

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

I am not sure if that office tower will be built there or at least with bank T as an anchor.  I hope what I heard is wrong.  

I am telling you office space usage it is in such flux right now and with companies still figuring it out. 

Is that why the project is being held up?  Truist just leased a 100k sf of obscenely expensive space in NY, and they don’t have a single branch there.  I hope that they anchor a new tower in Clt.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

the NY lease I dont think has anything to do with this need for space in Charlotte. I just heard they are not interested now in leasing space at a new tower.  They are still pushing tenants out of their own building the Truist Tower. 

That makes sense.  Since BoA is a partner in the Spirit Sq project (to my knowledge at least), maybe they’ll lease space.

• Like 1

^^^  It is just not now an eyesore it has been an eyesore since it was first built and then abandoned.  ""The site is a ghost town."" Someone even mentioned a Publix.  That too as we know has been delayed but at least  it is not half built.  I am hearing that project 10 Tryon will come back with all apartments atop the Publix.     

"No comment from Levine Properties" on this story. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Matthew.Brendan said:

Aren't there supposed to be financial repercussions for failure to deliver? Wasn't this a joint project of sorts with UNCC? (partial student parking in the deck iirc?)

It was and he graded one of his empty blocks for a gravel parking lot that the university uses.  

• Like 3