First Ward Urban Village / North Tryon Vision Plan

uptownliving

Are you referring to the block at 11th and Brevard that was used for bus parking? (I wasn't aware that it was a bus station before). He already owned the block just south that one. 10th doesn't cut through there, so the block is really two blocks large between 9th and 11th.

Are you referring to the block at 11th and Brevard that was used for bus parking? (I wasn't aware that it was a bus station before). He already owned the block just south that one. 10th doesn't cut through there, so the block is really two blocks large between 9th and 11th.

Yes. He owns most of those two blocks. I beleive he's working with the city to put 10th street through for the urban village.

That would be great if he puts 10th through. I just hope it doesn't disrupt the old house on those blocks, but then again, he doesn't seem to be too worried about the old buildings he owns.

I don't think it will. That house is not owned by Levine. There's currently a For Lease sign outside (it used to be a salon, and then office space).

The tall yellowish building near the crossing of the red and blue line is on the site of Dixies. That means the building that Dixies uses is toast. Also the Philip-Carey warehouse building, which has a very unique area along the trolley tracks is also toast for the UNCC building.

UNCC's building will not be along the trolley tracks. The UNCC property only goes from the corner of Brevard to about halfway to the trolley tracks on 9th St. D, your Uptown Project Rundown map shows it right against the tracks.

• 2 weeks later...

they need to add the brickwork soon, because as of now, this place is looking very blahhhhh

This is a shot of M Street on the 7th St. side today. The brick has been added. It's a brown color. Not sure what is going on with the paint scheme. Renderings indicate a lot of red or brick, however this shot suggests a mult-color scheme. Or maybe they're re-thinking the red.

img333614bh.th.jpg

The wife says I have to take a photography course befoe I can buy a new camera. So for now UP will need to suffer through my 3.2 megapixel.

Very nice. I'm glad he is going with a redish paint on some of them. That is a little different that the others in the neighborhood.

It also keeps them from all being shades of beige or grey like Skyline Terrace.

When do the buyers close/construction end?

Everybody will be in their unit by the end of May. You could see some folks move in first of April, if not sooner.

Wow I like it very very very nice, any photo updates on courtside?

There's a lot of geegaw activity on the rear. I'll get some photos this weekend.

First Ward Park looks better than ever! :)

I'm counting Renwick as "under construction" in my mind, and this is further evidence that that is true. However, what the heck is up with their time table? Do they just have an inexperienced construction manager or general contractor and they don't know how to move fast?

It is bordering on the ridiculous.

Court6 is also progressing slowly, but at least they are now almost done their framing and should begin on the facade fairly shortly.

Also, I noticed that there was quite a bit of utility work on Davidson Street between 7th and 5th this past week. It seems, though, like they are constantly working and digging and repaving, yet the poles and the wires remain standing. It doesn't make me very happy that Courtside has filed a rezoning to only relocate the utility wires across the street rather than burying them. If I highrise can't find room in their budget to bury the lines, how will it happen with the low rise projects in the area?

Wow I like it very very very nice, any photo updates on courtside?

http://www.urbanplanet.org/forums/index.ph...01entry316201

Court6 is also progressing slowly, but at least they are now almost done their framing and should begin on the facade fairly shortly.

Also, I noticed that there was quite a bit of utility work on Davidson Street between 7th and 5th this past week. It seems, though, like they are constantly working and digging and repaving, yet the poles and the wires remain standing. It doesn't make me very happy that Courtside has filed a rezoning to only relocate the utility wires across the street rather than burying them. If I highrise can't find room in their budget to bury the lines, how will it happen with the low rise projects in the area?

Great comment. MStreet has a similar issue. People in those prime front corner units will be able to touch the poles from their balcony.

He said in last week's Council Meeting (which, by the way, was a meeting almost as psychotic as the First Ward Neighborhood meetings) that his background was in HR. :)

I can't express enough how frustrated I will be if the utility lines do not get buried during this go around. On some of these blocks, this will be the last development for a generation. Not taking advantage of this time, when everything is dug up and there are new customers and taxpayers coming on the books, is just awful.

It did seem like they tore up the sidewalk on 8th St next to Little Rock AME, then buried something and repaved the sidewalk. I'm hoping that is a sign that they will do some burying.

Yup, as of right now the utilities on 6th street are only going to be moved to the other side. Everything on Davidson is now up in the air because nobody wants to foot the bill.

Some from the cable company will be meeting next week to decide what to do with lines around 5th and davidson st., and also on 6th going to Courside/Court6. But the cost will probably ruin any chance of those lines being buried. I dont know what phone and power are going to do, but the plans to bury everything are gone.

What a disapointment. But at least the poles going toward Imaginon got buried.

It irks me that there is no ordinance requiring this in the city when it is standard in the suburbs. It should be a cost of doing business for the utilities, with the costs absorbed by ratepayers, just as ratepayers absorb the costs of every other huge expense that utility companies undertake.

I think it would also be reasonable to tack it on to the bills of ratepayers within a certain radius of the investments.