First Ward Urban Village / North Tryon Vision Plan

uptownliving

The permit for the demo on the old shopping center at 7th and McDowell has been approved, and the place looks completely gutted, and there is a large back-hoe sitting in the parking lot...

I give it seven days tops before it is a pile of rubble.

[/quote

Sounds like the Ledge is going to be constructed first. What is going on with Quarterside? BC should have started on Quarterside during summer as they had stated. There's nothing there for demolition and they have a permit already. Maybe construction on the Renwick is an impediment to build Quarterside. It's probably too chaotic.

The permit for the demo on the old shopping center at 7th and McDowell has been approved, and the place looks completely gutted, and there is a large back-hoe sitting in the parking lot...

I give it seven days tops before it is a pile of rubble.

It was indeed a pile of rubble when I went by yesterday afternoon.

Have you all noticed that some floor plans at The Ledge come with a flat screen tv! Has that taken place any where else? I've never heard of that before. http://www.blvdcentro.com/ledge/ledge.htm

does that mean charlotte has officially turned the corner towards a "buyers market"? here come the TV's and vacations.... closing costs? what closing costs?

i'm still holding out for a segway :) .

Isn't it strange that the Type A units (407sq ft and the smallest offered, and which I'm assuming are also the cheapest), are the ones that come with the free flatscreen and washer/dryer? I wonder if their orientation in the building gives them an inferior view so BC thinks they need to sweeten the pot in order to move them?

Here is an update on the mod home going up above the TicToc on North Tryon St.

Here is what it looked like in February, where you can easily make out how it looked before any construction.

55133929-L.jpg

Here is what it looks like now. Note that that is actually hardcoat stucco, and not EIFS.

201299271_bc350169eb_o.jpg

201299338_8ca14bbbbd.jpg

201299365_23c6faad4d_o.jpg

201299303_6e50c47aa4.jpg

201299380_a7f56ced3f.jpg

Here is the front door stoop of TicToc. No comment.

201299231_1701e65e7e_o.jpg

Isn't it strange that the Type A units (407sq ft and the smallest offered, and which I'm assuming are also the cheapest), are the ones that come with the free flatscreen and washer/dryer? I wonder if their orientation in the building gives them an inferior view so BC thinks they need to sweeten the pot in order to move them?

You will also notice the unit comes with a murphy bed. Sweetening the deal here is not the point. It appears pretty obvious Blvd Centro is using the limited space to it's fullest potential. I know how much Charlotte loves it's 6000 sq ft. houses, but some people are more concerned with convenience, saving gas money, being near work etc.

Edited by joshuacc

almost right the street from where palomino's used to be (odell bldg). also right beside the tryon house.

I lived in the tryon house when i first moved to charlotte. what a place it could have been if anybody cared about it. I give it a couple more years until it's sold, gutted and sold as condos. I could even see them adding floors to it.

The guy who runs the restaurant says the house -- which does belong to the building owner -- will be the largest private residence in the center city. I say it may be the coolest project I've seen Uptown in my three years here. It's actually an interesting piece of architecture, it's the epitome of an infill site, and it's an incredible vote of confidence in what is now the northern fringe of N. Tryon Street. I think it's great.

well, take this for what it's worth.... levine was licking his chops today with a local architect firm. supposedly earth will turn soon. i think uncc will be the first project to get started. still no word on twelve hotel... but hopefully momentum is full sail ahead.

*i did not know levine owns 16 uptown blocks! @ least that is what i heard today. can this be true?