First Ward Urban Village / North Tryon Vision Plan

uptownliving

The park might not begin for quite some time...they may do the demo of buildings, and use the fill dirt that the scoop out for the underground garage to level out the park site, and then just seed it until the county can afford the park. Levine and the County are talking about a lease-back of a completed park, but I'm not sure if that will accelerate the timeframe even if they decide it is a viable option.

The park might not begin for quite some time...they may do the demo of buildings, and use the fill dirt that the scoop out for the underground garage to level out the park site, and then just seed it until the county can afford the park. Levine and the County are talking about a lease-back of a completed park, but I'm not sure if that will accelerate the timeframe even if they decide it is a viable option.

Thanks

This may be a dumb question, but the excavation for and construction of the underground parking deck will be the first phase of construction on this project?

• 1 month later...

The underground parking deck is now projected to begin next January. The city and country are moving forward towards getting a deal with Levine worked out, which will likely be finalized in the next month or two. Same basic concept of what has been discussed earlier. It is still likely the county won't complete the park for several years until their debt situation improves.

• 3 weeks later...

And the saga continues. According to the business journal today, it seems as if $250k is the lynchpin in the deal.

http://charlotte.bizjournals.com/charlotte...5643200^1847658

Let's have a fundraiser and get this accomplished, so we can help this thing move forward.

Then we can finally see some progress.

If I was that guy that just won the $88 million lottery (I think he took the cash option though) I'd certainly donate all the $250k needed to get this going...

Heh. I read that BJ article. I will say again, these kind of things remind me of the band playing happy gleeful music all while the Titanic was quickly slipping into the deep Atlantic. While the city might cough up the money, they usually do for hair brained plans, Levine isn't going to built a $700M development anytime soon if he is the business man that people give him credit for being.

when is the UNCC building going to get under way? that 1-story building on that corner was knocked down over a month ago and there is no sign of anything except for a few hazard cones on the site.

According to the CBJ article, construction should be underway this month, which probably means mid-July. Fitting they would start this building now that they are finishing up the Student Union on campus and another research building on the CRI campus. Seems like UNCC always has two buildings under construction at a time for the last five years or so, so this works with the same scheme as they are gearing up to also build the EPIC building on the CRI campus later this year as well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...