First Ward Urban Village / North Tryon Vision Plan

uptownliving

I don't know anyone who goes to Dixie so I'm more inclined to believe this has little to do with Levine than Dixie decided to just move away from the space that served for a period and is not as hot.

Anyway - I do hope that the building remains as I remember sketches for it with the new park showing outdoor seating balconies on the second floor overlooking the park.

It definitely is shown as included for the park.   It is the nicer of the old buildings in the district, but Levine has torn down 3/4 of the rest, so I could see him finding a way to 'increase the size of the park'.   Regardless, I wasn't attached to Dixies the business, but do like that building.

Don't know that I would normally support a chain, but I think a touristy desination is maybe exactly what is needed there....with that said, and the Charleston style renderings in mind, I think a Bubba Gump Shrimp Co would be perfect for that spot.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

About a year he was saying the same exact thing: Construction to start late summer/ fall. This guy is like a freaking broken record.

Wrong, I know for a fact that he is going to start filling in the 9 feet deep of leveling tomorrow. One clod of dirt at a time, by hand. The park will be completed by 2058

Well...look at his grammar. That probably explains a lot.

"I don't see no point in that, to be honest with you"

ohhh Double negative... He must be ecstatic about the park then.

• 2 months later...

There appears to be some work going on at the block just east of the UNCC Center City building (bounded by 8th, 9th, Caldwell and Brevard).  They look to be making this a temporary parking lot for the UNCC building.  They've graded the lot and added concrete parking 'blocks' and are doing some other work.  There have been quite a few construction vehicles (some from Levine Properties) in this area all week.  Could be nothing, but maybe, just maybe...

There appears to be some work going on at the block just east of the UNCC Center City building (bounded by 8th, 9th, Caldwell and Brevard).  They look to be making this a temporary parking lot for the UNCC building.  They've graded the lot and added concrete parking 'blocks' and are doing some other work.  There have been quite a few construction vehicles (some from Levine Properties) in this area all week.  Could be nothing, but maybe, just maybe...

I WANT TO BELIEVE 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

File under "I can't believe I am wasting 3 minutes of my life to type this"

Mary Newsome tweeted that the completion date for the First Ward park is listed as May 1, 2015  in the city council agenda for next week (see pdf page 20)

http://charmeck.org/city/charlotte/CityClerk/CouncilRelated/Documents/Agenda%20Attachments/09_23_2013%20meeting/Agenda_2013_09_23.pdf

Edited by kermit
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

No freaking way...

Another important win for our team is our first project with Levine Properties, First Ward Apartments. This project includes 178 modern apartment homes and a parking deck. We are eagerly anticipating the start of construction on our first project with this family-owned, Charlotte-based developer.

http://buildingwithpurpose.us/clt/an-interview-with-chris-herman-carolinas-multifamily-housing-team-leader/

Is there anything in the permitting system about first ward apartments?

There is an active request on Polaris, but there is an error when trying to pull it up. Maybe ATLRVR has some info an can shed some light? Too bad I can't tag people on posts...