First Ward Urban Village / North Tryon Vision Plan

uptownliving

^ the descriptions he created to describe his only two semi-real jobs on linkedin lends some support to the mentally challenged hypothesis. Gezzz, I know its good to be the heir to the Pic n Pay fortune but, if you think you might interact with professionals at some point in your future, I think he would have proofread a sentence or two.

Proofreading? Who has time for proofreading? He's busy managing his massive real estate portfolio. It takes a lot to be Levine.

• 2 weeks later...

Creative Loafing picked up a brief preservation story about the "William Treloar House" at the corner of 7th and Brevard. The Levine story is that it is destined for renovation into a restaurant. 

http://clclt.com/theclog/archives/2014/08/22/question-the-queen-city-the-william-treloar-house

And he says he plans on breaking ground within 30 days according to the article. <_<  

^^ "I spoke with Daniel Levine this morning, and he confirmed his plans to restore the home, turning it into a restaurant, and turn the surrounding parking lot into a park. He says he plans on breaking ground in the next 30 days..."

You physically spoke with Daniel Levine??? And you didn't punch him in the face?

And that is great and all (if it actually happens) but what about the rest of his wasteland? Any questioning on that? 

Also, mods can we change the name of this thread to "LevineLand: Where Dreams Come To Die"????

Edited by Jayvee

^^ "I spoke with Daniel Levine this morning, and he confirmed his plans to restore the home, turning it into a restaurant, and turn the surrounding parking lot into a park. He says he plans on breaking ground in the next 30 days..."

I do hope this is true, but he has been talking about making that house a restaurant for 10 years now. I do think that breaking ground in the next 30 days is very aggressive since he has not applied for a building permit yet to do the renovation.

The most interesting thing we can take from this is he is now talking about breaking ground in "days" rather than "months" or "later this year". I'm not sure we have ever had these stated start dates within "30 days" before, he must be under actual pressure now to get earth moving.

Edited by JoshuaDrown
  • Like 1

Did anyone else notice there is a sports lounge / bar that opened or is soon opening on North College Street? Several other bars have come and gone in that spot in the past (although I can't remember their names).

Can't imagine this place will succeed where others have failed.

Yeah it is called Sports - One. It is open and is an "upscale sports bar" that is targeting the black community. Can't see it lasting longer than a few months after football season, it has some star power behind it, but the concept and location suck.

Yeah it is called Sports - One. It is open and is an "upscale sports bar" that is targeting the black community. Can't see it lasting longer than a few months after football season, it has some star power behind it, but the concept and location suck.

Oh is this the with the husband off the Real Housewives of Atlanta, Peter Thomas? I'm skeptical about it too besides what everyone on here are saying about the concept and location, Peter Thomas's other businesses have been known to fail just like his Atlanta venues.

Oh is this the with the husband off the Real Housewives of Atlanta, Peter Thomas? I'm skeptical about it too besides what everyone on here are saying about the concept and location, Peter Thomas's other businesses have been known to fail just like his Atlanta venues.

I think this might be better suited for a different thread, but yes that is the one. I don't necessarily mind it being open, I would never go there, but I don't see it being successful.

FWIW it sure looks better than the Luna Lounge treatment that building got last time around, but I think it was best suited to being Coyote Ugly a few years back, when it wasn't trying to be any more than a dingy dive bar. If one were to open a cheap, unpretentious bar there that isn't so at odds with the fringe setting then it could actually succeed, but too much work has been done on the building so it will be one failed upscale concept after another now.

FWIW it sure looks better than the Luna Lounge treatment that building got last time around, but I think it was best suited to being Coyote Ugly a few years back, when it wasn't trying to be any more than a dingy dive bar. If one were to open a cheap, unpretentious bar there that isn't so at odds with the fringe setting then it could actually succeed, but too much work has been done on the building so it will be one failed upscale concept after another now.

I agree, until the area can sustain it...once N Tryon is built up....but for now, yeah I don't really feel like going to an upscale bar but also be surrounded by stingy area and homeless people.

I was riding my bike through Uptown this morning and noticed that there were Levine trucks on this lot at 7th and Brevard taking down the fencing fronting 7th Street. They were half-way done when I took this photo and when I swung by an hour later all the fencing was down. Is this a step toward things moving on this parcel?

FirstWard_zps5988238d.jpg

Edited by JoshuaDrown
  • Like 1

I was riding my bike through Uptown this morning and noticed that there were Levine trucks on this lot at 7th and Brevard taking down the fencing fronting 7th Street. They were half-way done when I took this photo and when I swung by an hour later all the fencing was down. Is this a step toward things moving on this parcel?

FirstWard_zps5988238d.jpg

Levine can now step into a meeting and be like ", hey guys, I did some work!" "Give me my millions"

I am still skeptical but....

The 8th st entrance to this lot has a large sign which says:

Lot Closing for Construction 9/1/14

As is befitting of this project I saw no such sign on the 7th st entrance to the lot this morning.

I am still skeptical but....

The 8th st entrance to this lot has a large sign which says:

As is befitting of this project I saw no such sign on the 7th st entrance to the lot this morning.

The signs are now up at the 7th, 8th, and Brevard entrances, and all the fencing is down surrounding the lot.

7thStreet_zpsb23dacab.jpg