First Ward Urban Village / North Tryon Vision Plan

uptownliving

So....this apartment/deck project is still actively being submitted/resubmitted in the building permits phase, with some trades being approved today.

They are in the 4th review cycle, and this isn't particularly cheap to keep working on updated sets of construction drawings.

Also, on the Land Use site, they show an approved site plan is a dramatic improvement in which this is now a 3 sided buidling....the big courtyard out-front is gone, and the building now has 3 "prongs" extending toward 10th, but most importantly, the parking deck is now wrapped in apartment units along Brevard and the LRT line, so the deck is only visible from 11th (plus I think it is a bit taller than the actual apartments, so you would see the top poke out from a distance)

One of our more tech savvy people here can probably grab the elevations/footprint from the Acela site and post here.

I'm not seeing it on Accela, could you link it, and I'll download and put it up.

I'm only seeing something from 2013.

Edited by Guest

post-670-0-27002700-1415896985_thumb.png

This map shows the siteplan for what they submitted for permits last year. 

It is very heartening that it is moving forward.  

Not seeing anything with plans here...

Well,  we have seen more than enough "technicolor renderings" already from Levine, what we had rarely seen before was real progress, so that is shown on the permit links. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Another sign this project is moving forward: The demolition permit for the old house on Brevard St. This is where the city will be building the new 10th Street.

Awesome! That house is so random and creepy, I imagine it being filled with homeless or tweakers like in the movies. This 10th St will anchor the apartments right?

• 3 weeks later...

Can someone street view and send a link... I have no clue what people are talking about

Here's a better picture of the house on Brevard.

...I used to own it.

hmmm...It won't take my picture.  Is there a particular picture format I need to use?

Thanks, Dubone!  The picture is attached.

post-2334-0-94587800-1418853406_thumb.jp

Edited by carolina_fan

Try an attachment: "Use Full Editor", "Choose File", then don't forget to click "Attach this file" (a step often forgotten).  If it is the format after that, then just take a screen capture while the pic is up, crop and it'll be in a format that'll work.   

It's a shame that people who care about houses often don't get to keep them, and eventually get by people who don't.   That is true of most buildings that eventually see the wrecking ball.