First Ward Urban Village / North Tryon Vision Plan

uptownliving

I am very glad it will be used and not on the the chopping block.  A school is great, too, especially if it is successful and proper and not a shady charter school that vanishes after 2y.  I have been in the building and it is fairly up to date inside.  It is a decent 1920s warehouse with a boring but not the worst facade for an old building.  

First of all, it will never pass under the tracks.  It will be an at-grade crossing just like 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th and 12th in this area, since the train goes very slowly through here.  

The only part being built at the moment is the part on Levine's land, as it is part of the agreement with the city and county.   It is possible the actual crossing is in the budget and project for the light rail, but the section on the Mecklenburg County's Hal Marshall land is not current scheduled for construction as a real road, however I believe they will connect into the parking lot and align with the main driveway between the parking lot and the building, so it will be effectively connected all the way to College.  

It seems to me that they will simply require it to be built to Tryon whenever they sell the land eventually.  

Thanks for letting me know.

• Like 1

Mecklenburg County has posted an RFQ for architectural services to relocate LUESA, the county department that currently occupies the Hal Marshall building. Hopefully that means the wheels are turning for this long overdue relocation (I feel bad for the people that work in there, it's lousy inside.) That'll open up a world of possibilities for First Ward/N Tryon redevelopment. 

Mecklenburg County has posted an RFQ for architectural services to relocate LUESA, the county department that currently occupies the Hal Marshall building. Hopefully that means the wheels are turning for this long overdue relocation (I feel bad for the people that work in there, it's lousy inside.) That'll open up a world of possibilities for First Ward/N Tryon redevelopment.

So how does that effect First Ward Urban Village? (sorry if its a dumb question)

IMG_9004.JPG

Not sure if this is a good sign for the Apartments on 10th or a bad sign for the Hotel/Apartments at Metropolitan. :shades:

In other news: I noticed they have done some core drilling in the parking lot at Brevard and 11th.

Well that is certainly an interesting site. And wow that is some good news, I can't believe Levine is even making slight progress happen

• 3 weeks later...

Being a HUGE fan of 7th Street Market and everything that it stands for, this makes me happy

http://cltdevelopment.blogspot.com/2015/02/7th-street-public-market-now-almost-3.html

100% leased and doing quite well to say the least. Hopefully this is a clue to the need for things like this and helps boost the Market Street "project"

Being a HUGE fan of 7th Street Market and everything that it stands for, this makes me happy

http://cltdevelopment.blogspot.com/2015/02/7th-street-public-market-now-almost-3.html

100% leased and doing quite well to say the least. Hopefully this is a clue to the need for things like this and helps boost the Market Street "project"

What is the " Market Street Project "?

I am a close friend of six people, who run or used to run four different stalls at the market. As much as you say, the market is doing quite well, it is the opposite of the vendor side of things.

-Out of the four stalls that were run by close friends, only one made profit

-They were bullied into signing lease extensions

-Other stalls started to sell products that other stalls were selling (which was against the lease agreement)

-The managers of the market couldn't care less about the opinions of the vendors

-The market extended opening hours without telling some of the vendors

-The market only had flow around the main eateries at the front of the market and when the vendors at the back of the market came to hand out samples to the people, who only stayed at the front, the vendors were lectured about not disturbing customers at other businesses and that made profits fall; even though people coming to the market enjoyed have people talk to them and hand out samples.

-Then they put a beer place and a crêperie in and took away from the market feel of it and made the "market" just really an eatery, with different stalls selling you different food.

Edited by Piedmont767