First Ward Urban Village / North Tryon Vision Plan

uptownliving

The Surface parking lot on Brevard and 11th has been removed and looks like the ground is being graded? whats going on here?

that question has been asked in random threads in the last few weeks, but no one knows the answer.

That block used to be a City owned lot used for bus parking, but was sold as part of the arena financing. by all accounts, Levine Properties purchased the land. the grading appears to just be a fancy repaving of the surface lot, with trees and fencing added, but i'm not sure. i seriously doubt we're seeing anything built on that block, though.

The Surface parking lot on Brevard and 11th has been removed and looks like the ground is being graded? whats going on here?

Hmmmmm.... ;)

Interesting. atlrvr you out there ??? Is this going to be something ?

A2

that question has been asked in random threads in the last few weeks, but no one knows the answer.

That block used to be a City owned lot used for bus parking, but was sold as part of the arena financing. by all accounts, Levine Properties purchased the land. the grading appears to just be a fancy repaving of the surface lot, with trees and fencing added, but i'm not sure. i seriously doubt we're seeing anything built on that block, though.

Do you think they would do this, just to resurface D??? Seems like a lot of money spent just to resurface a lot. I could be off. Maybe it is more of an involved involved process than I thought...

A2

I've never seen one man so proud of his surface lots.

I HATE SURFACE LOTS !!! :angry:

Levine will go the extra mile to make this a nice parking lot, one w/ trees and maybe even a wood fence. I wish someone would buy that land from him already.

I can see it now. The year is 2025. The city will be filled completely in side the loop (277) with towers and various mid rise residentail units. And we will still have acres of Levine Black Tops. This man has to be the biggest disappointment as an Uptown Land holder.

A2

that is true. i vote the county as absolute worst landowner. at least levine donated land for imaginon, and i think for the newsouth museum. And he is working to get UNCC downtown.

The county has all the land north of 9th street between tryon and the tracks. they also own all the surface lots in second ward.

Levine has been quoted in the papers, that he will have some announcements by sometime next year. I hope it happens! :)

This sounds so much like the situation at the Park. Maybe Verna and Levine are real good buddies outside of the parking lot and parking deck business they dabble in for a day job. HA! :P

A2

i think they tore out some trees and things... looks like mr levine is making sure that the lot is a nice smooth blacktop sans plant life.

37338950-M.jpg

37338960-M.jpg

37338966-M.jpg

...but looks like some old bus drivers are enjoying their saturday afternoons. i guess when you hit a certain age, you'd rather read the paper than get out and converse with the human being ten feet away :).

37338954-M.jpg

http://charlotte.bizjournals.com/charlotte.../26/story3.html

the bizjournal update on levine's plans. it is still a yawner until he actually does something, though.

this line has me really annoyed/worried: "Beyond the mix of commercial, residential and retail, Levine still envisions a 3.5-acre park, likely funded by the county. As part of the park's development, Levine also plans to seek public funding for an underground parking deck. "

It was previously my understanding that levine would privately fund the park, but seek city assistance for the underground parking. by wanting county funds for the park, he has now put himself in a extremely distant timeline, as the county must vote on bonds, etc. etc. etc.

i don't even care if he doesn't make a massive movement on his land... but i wish he'd do like what grubb is doing, where he may have a unified plan for his whole area... but he builds individual small scale projects over time beginning NOW.

at the very least he could get cranking on the Treloar house instead of letting it rot.

I know this has already been mentioned, but there is now a ton of lumber on the site. Could this all be for just Court 6 ??? The last time I went by there was lumber stacks, but nothing like what I saw yesterday. There were literally several stacks 12 feet high. Any word on if this project is a go??? Also, what's up with the U-G-L-Y church adjacent to the Renwick site? Will they ever do something with that building. It is hideous !

A2