First Ward Urban Village / North Tryon Vision Plan

uptownliving

Got these today. 
"Hal Marshall by Smallwood Reynolds, Stewart, Stewart & Associates, Inc"

No clue how old these are. Just thought I'd share.

223865179.jpg

22412623-1.jpg

DISCLAIMER: This was sent to be by a friend/contact. I have no information about whether this is a recent plan or not.

It's gorgeous...Looks like something straight from Arlington, VA.

This doesn't include a 10th Street reconnection. I thought that was part of the plan?

That was my thought as well. I'm betting that it's really old. The 10th St extension (not technically a reconnection since it was never there) is a sure thing since it's county-owned land. That being said, it's a really cool concept. Believe it or not I actually like the architecture in that rendering.

Once this happens then the site will be pretty much ready for sale/development right? For the posters who have some knowledge as to how things like this play out, how soon could we see announcements or movement? Is there a ton of interest in the space or will this kinda sit idle for the short term?

Once this happens then the site will be pretty much ready for sale/development right? For the posters who have some knowledge as to how things like this play out, how soon could we see announcements or movement? Is there a ton of interest in the space or will this kinda sit idle for the short term?

It will represent the largest piece of available land in Downtown Charlotte. Above I posted a conceptual site plan and rendering for the site. Its an important piece of the N. Tryon N. College St. Corridor and it will see a LOT of interest.

Everyone sit down for a minute...

Someone close to me got an offer today via email for a Engineering job working on Canopy/Homewood Suites Project. Project description was dual branded 15-16 floors hotel on top of 5-6 floor parking podium. Could it be that we are seeing movement. 

Everyone sit down for a minute...

Someone close to me got an offer today via email for a Engineering job working on Canopy/Homewood Suites Project. Project description was dual branded 15-16 floors hotel on top of 5-6 floor parking podium. Could it be that we are seeing movement. 

Did the email say something like: "Enjoy working long days on projects that never come to fruition? Crave a workplace with no real sense of movement? Get a kick out of holding an entire city hostage for decades?..."

• Like 3

Did the email say something like: "Enjoy working long days on projects that never come to fruition? Crave a workplace with no real sense of movement? Get a kick out of holding an entire city hostage for decades?..."

it did emphasize "Long Term" lol

Stopped in at 7th street market and caught the end of the FRAvGER game, man oh man did they beat the hell out of one another.

Whats going on just north of the UNCC buliding?

post-27281-0-74466600-1435374773_thumb.j

I went down to the first ward park area last night for the first time in forever and wow...what a freaking mess! My daughter is planning to go to the new charter elementary school across the street from the UNCC building (the smallish building on the left) and I couldn't believe the mess but also the lack of anything but a mess.  Besides the couple of structures in the park, the whole area is one giant ball of dust.  Anyways, at least there is some construction in Levine's master plan (albeit inside construction). 

I went down to the first ward park area last night for the first time in forever and wow...what a freaking mess! My daughter is planning to go to the new charter elementary school across the street from the UNCC building (the smallish building on the left) and I couldn't believe the mess but also the lack of anything but a mess.  Besides the couple of structures in the park, the whole area is one giant ball of dust.  Anyways, at least there is some construction in Levine's master plan (albeit inside construction). 

Wow - small world!  We'll have a kid there this fall too.

I've heard that the County wants to be out of Hal Marshal by the end of 2015 or early 2016. But I've also heard they are hiring someone to manage the decentralization plan, new buildings and service relations, etc. and that person probably won't be on board until the same timeframe. I don't know how or if the latter issue affects the former.

Edited by Spartan

• 2 weeks later...