Manchester-Boston Regional Airport News

M. Brown

I went to Manchester Airport today for the first time in about 2 years. It is Huge now. They have this HUGE parking garage, a catwalk, and an underpass under a taxi way. A big change from two years ago. I see why so many like Manchester Airport better that Logan. And they are making a connector road from the Everett Turnpike to the airport. I think that is going to be finnished in 2008.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update (3/19/06)

Welcome to Manchester-Boston Regional Airport

By RILEY YATES

Union Leader Staff

Manchester

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've used this airport 3 times and picked people up twice and I have to agree that it is very handy for anyone north of Boston and south of Concord.

The access road has been held up by a pair of nesting eagles and I'm not sure what the latest word has been on that but it will dramatically improve this airports viability as an alternative to Logan.

I'd like to see rail service to the Manchester airport from Boston. I've flown out of providence and hartford as alternatives to logan but not Man. I'm all for the smaller airports getting bigger since no new airport will ever happen inside rt 495.

• 1 month later...

Manchester Airport just expanded on the 19th of Feb. It opened a 75,000 sq ft passenger terminal occupied by Continental Airlines and Northwest Airlines. The expansion also included four jet gates with associated passenger hold rooms, 60 feet of additional airline ticket counters, 2 baggage carousels, the Nutfield Cafe and Brew Pub, 2 Hudson News and gift locations, a buisness center and its own TSA security screening checkpoints.

• 4 weeks later...

Construction to start next year and to be completed in 2008.

This is taken from the Manchester Website

Manchester Airport Access Road

Project Information

Developer: New Hampshire Department of Transportation

City Contact: Alex Vogt, Project Manager, NHDOT

Budget: $75 Million

Est. Final Completion: Open to traffic 2008

Benefits: Safe, efficient and convenient access to Manchester Airport and undeveloped industrial zoned land in Londonderry south of the airport via connection to the FE Everett turnpike.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived