Manchester-Boston Regional Airport News

M. Brown

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

why make the motion to change the name if he won't even use the new name?

It's not nessesarily for the locals but for people not from this area. Like the article said, people outside of New England don't know anything about Manchester or where it is.

It's not nessesarily for the locals but for people not from this area. Like the article said, people outside of New England don't know anything about Manchester or where it is.

i didn't know anything about manchester until i dated someone from the boston area with family and friends in new hampshire... and i lived in new england my whole life.

i think the name is terrible because it's not boston (regardless of how close they are and how it does feed off of boston in ways) and there's no easy way from manchester to boston except by car.

i think the name is terrible because it's not boston (regardless of how close they are and how it does feed off of boston in ways) and there's no easy way from manchester to boston except by car.

I think if I came from the west coast and was heading for Boston, I'd be pretty annoyed to find myself in Manchester. Without commuter rail connections, I'm not seeing Manchester or T.F. Green as very good alternatives to getting from elsewhere to Boston. With luck, you can make Manchester to Boston in about an hour, but people are rarely that lucky.

I think if I came from the west coast and was heading for Boston, I'd be pretty annoyed to find myself in Manchester. Without commuter rail connections, I'm not seeing Manchester or T.F. Green as very good alternatives to getting from elsewhere to Boston. With luck, you can make Manchester to Boston in about an hour, but people are rarely that lucky.

I do it in about 45 mins :).

What I don't get is that they want to make Manchester an alternative airport for Boston, but they refused to be part of the study to create a high-speed rail link between Boston and Montreal, which would undoubtably result in a HUGE number of people choosing to use Manchester since it would be so quick and easy to get between the airport and the city. And the rail line would run right by the airport.

To be fair to Manchester, it's the State of New Hampshire that is continually failing to fund any rail (Montreal-Boston highspeed, Amtrak Downeaster, Concord-Manchester-Nashua-Boston commuter rail...). The city of Nashua is actually trying to fund a station for MBTA commuter rail itself.

To be fair to Manchester, it's the State of New Hampshire that is continually failing to fund any rail (Montreal-Boston highspeed, Amtrak Downeaster, Concord-Manchester-Nashua-Boston commuter rail...). The city of Nashua is actually trying to fund a station for MBTA commuter rail itself.

a commuter rail would do so much for the region... i know it's apples and oranges, but stamford would not be what it is and have the business presence it does without metro north.

nashua and manchester would definitely see an improvement from that, and concord probably would as well...

• 4 months later...

Archived