Mozilla Firefox

M. Brown

Do you like it? Does anyone have any problems with it?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like it? Does anyone have any problems with it?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure what you mean about full version. There is no other version other than full. It is currently beta status, but don't let that fool you. It's definately very usable. I've been using it for a few months now and haven't had to use Internet Explorer for anything (other than a couple of web based Microsoft applications we use here at work, go figure!). Never had Flash not work and 99.9999998% of the sites I visit look fine in Firefox. RC1 was supposed to come out today and early November they will release the final 1.0 version which is gold code, non-beta. I'm definately ya supporter of Mozilla and their products. I use Firefox on all my PC's as well as my Mac and use Thunderbird (their e-mail client) on my Mac as well (can't on my PC's as I have to use MS Outlook).

I have been using Firefox since the summer. The new was coverng alot of viruses that took advantage of IE's many many flaws.... so I decided that I should switch. I have yet to have problems with it. The only thing that I don't use it for is "Windows Update." Thats the only case where I think IE might have better funcitonality, although I'm sure the Update feature probably would work well with Fire Fox. But the funcitonality is just like IE, I have my favorites imported, and my various icons exactly as they were on IE. Almost zero pop-ups. Occasionally one gets through. It never crashes. I didn't think I would like tabbed browsing, but its really easier than having 27 windows open. Firefox is fantastic. Get it now! ;)

I wish that my primary email service allowed POP3 accounts so I could use Thunderbird.

I did the full install as well.

Firefox is the stand alone browser. A smaller version than the one that comes with the full install, which is just Mozilla as far as I can tell. Currently Mozilla 1.7.3. The full install includes browser, email, irc client as well as some html editing and developing stuff. Thunderbird is the stand alone mail client.

As I said, I prefer the Mozilla broswer, but don't need all the extras so I just use Firefox.

http://www.mozilla.org

The only thing that I don't use it for is "Windows Update." Thats the only case where I think IE might have better funcitonality, although I'm sure the Update feature probably would work well with Fire Fox.

Windows Update requires IE and will not work with any other browser. Thank you for playing Microsoft Monopoly! Pass go and give Bill Gates $200. A lot of corporate web-based applications that we use here require IE.

The damn intranet where I work refuses to work in Firefox (among many other annoying clitches). So I use Firefox for everything but that. I also use the Thunderbird mail client at work. I downloaded the Sunbird calendar as well, but I never use it, never got into the calendar habit somehow.

At home I use Safari and Mac Mail on my Mac, FIrefox on my PC. I've also downloaded Camino for my Mac, and I like it, but I prefer Safari.

OK. Firefox is really starting to piss me off :angry: It just randomly closes. It gets me really mad when Im trying to read something on the internet or I found something that I had been looking for for a while and then I just decides to close. They better come up with some fixes to this problem quick :angry:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived