Ann Arbor, MI Neighborhoods

wolverine

Welcome back to Michigan's most hilly urban city. I decided to go up into the Huron hills above downtown Ann Arbor and catch some fall colors around a few of the neighborhoods.

ENJOY!

_01.jpg

Just as you get to the first block of houses out of the downtown, I discovered a new YMCA was going up. What I liked best about this building is that parking will all be on the ground level of the building. NO surface lots.

:D

_02.jpg

Old House on Huron St.

_03.jpg

Quiet Streets

_04.jpg

_05.jpg

_06.jpg

_07.jpg

_08.jpg

A shot from City Park. I guess this is what you could call Ann Arbor's "skyline"

_10.jpg

Going down Sunset Street. You can see part of the medical campus up on the hills in the distance.

_11.jpg

It was random to see the Outback blimp flying over the city on a Monday.

_12.jpg

A view of the river standing on the Huron Dam.

_13.jpg

Ann Arbor's newest park. And a great place to put it, not downtown on valuable space like some recently proposed "Central Park."

_14.jpg

Brand new streets paved of brick next to the old AA Train Station. It is now a popular restaurant among locals. The Amtrak station has long since moved a block down.

_15.jpg

More historic houses

_16.jpg

_17.jpg

_18.jpg

A nice old church.

_19.jpg

_20.jpg

I thought this apartment building was cool.

_21.jpg

The back of the U of M Nursing School. Apparently this is the original building. It is two blocks away from where I live, yet I never knew it existed until today.

_22.jpg

Nursing School additions

_23.jpg

More houses.

_24.jpg

_25.jpg

Coming soon! Downtown Ann Arbor. I finally made it over to main street to take pictures

HOPE YOU ENJOYED!:D

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice photos! I was in A2 today too...although I stayed in the downtown areas and on central campus. I looked like such a tourist - camera in hand and all. LOL. It was a beautiful day for photos.

Oh, BTW, I got a photo of the Outback Blimp as well.

Archived