Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas

cityboi

YES!!! Its finally coming out! :D Who all is planning on getting this game?

12.jpg

2.jpg

16.jpg

24.jpg

20.jpg

17.jpg

23.jpg

38.jpg

UNLIKE PREVIOUS GTAs THIS WILL BE MORE LIKE A LARGE METRO THAN A CITY. FROM RURAL COUNTRY TOWNS TO THE GHETTO OF THE BIG CITIES. NOTICE THIS SUBURBAN TOWN OUTSIDE OF SAN ANDREAS IN THE TWO PHOTOS BELOW. OBVIOUSLY THE GAME AREA WILL BE MUCH LARGER THAN GTA: VICE CITY AND GTA 3. THE GAME AREA IN GTA: SAN ANDREAS IS REPORTED TO BE 5 TO 6 TIMES THE SIZE OF GTA: VICE CITY PLAYING AREA!!!! GAME TESTERS HAVE SAID IT TOOK THEM WHAT SEEMED LIKE 20 MINUTES TO GET FROM THE MAIN CITY TO ONE OF THE SMALL TOWNS. THATS ABOUT 15 MINUTES SHY OF HOW LONG IT TAKES TO DRIVE FROM GREENSBORO TO DANVILLE, VIRGINIA, THERE ARE 3 BIG CITIES (MIMICING LOS ANGELES, SAN FRANSISCO AND LAS VEGAS) AND A LITTLE MORE THAN A DOZEN SMALL TOWNS, SOME SUBURBAN AND OTHERS RURAL. SO YOU'LL BE ABLE TO GET ON FREEWAYS THAT CONNECT THE CITIES AND TOWN AND ENJOY THE DESERT LANDSCAPES, FORESTS, COUNTRY SIDES WITH RIVERS AND MORE THERE IS ALSO A HALF MILE HIGH MOUNTAIN IN THE GAME THAT YOU CAN ACTUALLY DRIVE TO THE TOP ON VARIOUS ROADS. YOU'LL EVEN BE ABLE TO GET ON TROLLEYS IN SAN FRANSISCO! IF YOU ENJOYED GTA: VICE CITY YOU SHOULD LOVE THIS GAME 10 TIMES MORE.

grand-theft-auto-san-andreas-20040903031618171-000.jpg

grand-theft-auto-san-andreas-20040903031621250.jpg

SCENE ON THE MOUNTAIN

grand-theft-auto-san-andreas-20040903031621906-000.jpg

grand-theft-auto-san-andreas-20041025022942389.jpg

grand-theft-auto-san-andreas-20041025022940655.jpg

ANOTHER BIG CITY IN SAN ANDREAS. ITS SUPPOSE TO MIMIC LAS VEGAS. THE SIZE OF THIS GAME IS JUST SO AMAZING. IT WILL TAKE FOR EVER TO EXPLORE EVERY ROAD IN EVERY CITY AND TOWN. EACH OF THE 3 BIG CITIES INDIVIDUALLY WILL LIKELY BE THE SIZE OF THE ENTIRE GAME AREA IN GTA: VICE CITY! THE GRAPHICS HAVE ALSO BEEN IMPROVED FROM VICE CITY SO IT WILL BE EVEN MORE REALISTIC.

grand-theft-auto-san-andreas-20041025022928906.jpg

grand-theft-auto-san-andreas-20041025022931327.jpg

grand-theft-auto-san-andreas-20041025022934671.jpg

grand-theft-auto-san-andreas-20041025022941217.jpg

grand-theft-auto-san-andreas-20041019072416029.jpg

grand-theft-auto-san-andreas-20041019072417138.jpg

grand-theft-auto-san-andreas-20041019072418278.jpg

grand-theft-auto-san-andreas-20041019072418997.jpg

grand-theft-auto-san-andreas-20041019072415482.jpg

grand-theft-auto-san-andreas-20041015060517971.jpg

grand-theft-auto-san-andreas-20041011044337143.jpg

grand-theft-auto-san-andreas-20041009005414043.jpg

grand-theft-auto-san-andreas-20041009005416387.jpg

grand-theft-auto-san-andreas-20041001091033614.jpg

grand-theft-auto-san-andreas-20041001091032989.jpg

grand-theft-auto-san-andreas-20041001091034114.jpg

grand-theft-auto-san-andreas-20040903031623468.jpg

grand-theft-auto-san-andreas-20040903031624890.jpg

grand-theft-auto-san-andreas-20040903034137720.jpg

grand-theft-auto-san-andreas-20040903031622765.jpg

grand-theft-auto-san-andreas-20040820055814385.jpg

grand-theft-auto-san-andreas-20040809113634328.jpg

grand-theft-auto-san-andreas-20040809113635859.jpg

grand-theft-auto-san-andreas-20040809113636359.jpg

grand-theft-auto-san-andreas-20040730111416827.jpg

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It would seem that most of the game is played at sunset ;)

I've never played any of the GTA games before, but my friend has gone to get this game, so I'm going to give it a shot. I hear that they are pretty good, even though what they are portraying is truely uncool.

I agree that the violence part of it is not its best feature but I probabally wouldnt play the missions as much any way. But you'll probabally have to play missions to unlock cities or certain sections. I just like driving and walking around a complete 3D metro. I was just blown away by the difference between Vice City and San Andreas. and I thought VIce City was a major step up. The fun factor should last a long time with this game. I like thr fact that there are freeways now as wells as those double stack interchanges. The mountain is also a great feature. You can go to the top of the mountain and see miles away from above. I'm going to get the game tomorrow I hope. That is if it isnt sold out by the time I get to the store ;)

Target announced that they would have them today so I had my mother go over there before the place open. I have a feeling getting that game is going to be like Christmas time. its such a high demand game, its going to be difficult for stores to keep it in stock. I hope target doesnt have those pre order tickets like they do at Toys R Us because if they do, I could still be out of luck getting the game today. I just can't wait to play it. This game is so far advanced, it makes you wonder how they are going to top it in the next GTA. I guess it could be more national where cities such as Chicago, New Orleans, Seattle, St. Louis and Houston could come into play. Maybe it could be global, include cities like Tokyo, Mexico City and Sydney. This game is sort of like Sim City. Just when you think they've done the best they could do at developing the game, they come up with a new version thats far better.

Here is a link to the maps. Las Venturas has a beltway around the city with all those spaghetti interchanges!! My mother just brought the game home for me. But I have to wait til I get off work to play it which wont be til after 9 pm because I work two jobs. Its going to be a long 11 hours ;)

http://www.rockstargames.com/sanandreas/

If i wanted realism I'd go get stuck in rush hour traffic in my own car. Games are supposed to be an escape from the reality of our daily lives. I'm not saying the large game worlds are a bad thing, you just have to be more careful with the way the game plays out is all.

I just played it last night and the game is awesome, This game is probabally not for young children or very sensitive ears because there is alot more profanity using the "F" word including the "N" word which is a negative slang word used to call an african-american. But looking past the negative aspects of the game, its fun. I've completed 3 missions already but its going to be a while before I unlock the next section. I like how you can ride a bicycle and you can finally swim in this game! The area is so large its over whelming and you can easily get lost your first time playing even with a map in your hand because there are just so many winding roads and confusing ramps and interchanges (just like in real life). I've noticed that its alot more difficult to kill people just by punching them on the street and they seem to kick my butt all the time. But I guess you have to eat and exercise to build strength to be able fight really good. The game is more realistic than Vice City. You'll find plenty of freeways, interlocking bridges, tunnels, stack spaghetti interchanges in this game. You can even go to the top of the tallest building in Los Santos (Los Angeles) and jump of the building with a parachute. This game has flat and hilly terrain. Vice City for the most part was flat. There are plenty of country towns and suburbs to explore as well. The Los Santos section alone is about the size of the entire playing area of GTA Vice City. I still have not unlocked the Badlands/San Fierro (San Fransico) seciton which is even larger than Los Santos! Plus there is the Las Venturas (Las Vegas) Section which is also larger than Los Santos. This is a huge game. Brickell....as for the size, there are options that you can take if you dont want to travel vast distances by car. each of the major 3 cities have airports and you can travel across the state of San Andreas pretty quickly. Not to mention at some point in the game you can hijack helicopters and other planes. I personally like the realism of traveling long distances by car. Its that kind of realism that makes me a huge fan of Sim City. Ever since the early 1990s I've been wanting to play a game thats a huge totally 3d world where you could go any where on any of the streets. That was during a time when 3d games didnt even exist. All games where 2D like Super Mario Brothers. Now I've finally got the game I've been wanting since 1990.

Yes, All I can say is that I'm going to have a blast with this game for a long time. The controls to identical to vice city so if you're use to feel of vice city, this game wont be a problem. The only difference is that you can toggle the perspective with the pad stick while you're driving. You have to be able to do that because of all the hills in the game.

San Andreas is definatly higher rated than Vice City. One of the weapons used to beat people up side the head is a double end dildo thats shaped just like a man's sex organ. The game borders being rated x. You can go into a strip club and pay the girl on the stage to perform sexier moves. If you have enough money, you can in a back room for a private session. If you are a parent, you might want to reconsider buy this game for your 13 year old son. This game is extremly fun but is not appropriate for young children based on what i've seen and heard in this game. I love this game but they could have left out all the sexually explicit stuff, profanity and racial slurs. They didnt need to add all that stuff to make it fun

• 2 weeks later...

Archived