Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas

cityboi

Five years ago Carl Johnson escaped from the pressures of life in Los Santos, San Andreas... a city tearing itself apart with gang trouble, drugs and corruption. Where filmstars and millionaires do their best to avoid the dealers and gangbangers.

Now, it's the early 90s. Carl's got to go home. His mother has been murdered, his family has fallen apart and his childhood friends are all heading towards disaster.

On his return to the neighborhood, a couple of corrupt cops frame him for homicide. CJ is forced on a journey that takes him across the entire state of San Andreas, to save his family and to take control of the streets.

Liberty City. Vice City. Now San Andreas, a new chapter in the legendary series.

Grand Theft Auto returns to the PlayStation

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm still looking for a code that allows me to unlock the other two cities (San Ferrino and Las Venturas). If anyone finds the code post it. I tried to swim over to the other cities, which I did successfully, but once you hit shore, your wanted level goes to the top and the cheat code that lowers your wanted level wont work when you try to go to the unlocked cities. The cops and FBI will shoot you down before you can even get anywhere. I even tried flying over those cities but the game designers thought of everything. If you try to fly over the unlocked cities, the cops will send a plane up and launch a missile to shoot you out ov the sky.

Actually I enjoy cruising through the game more than I do completing the missions. Its a fun game and each of the 3 big cities are individually the size of the entire Vice City game area. Of course you have to include the country side and desert in between the cities which covers even more area. Its huge! One thing I like about San Andreas is that the playing area is not completely flat like in Vice City. The topography in San Andreas goes from flat to mountainous terrain and there are so many multiple levels of bridges and tunnel. I was amazed by the complexity of the game. There are also many more streets in the three cities than Vice City so its very easy to get lost. Ive had the game for about two weeks now and I still get lost in Los Santos. The size of the city makes it difficult to use downtown towers as reference points and its hard to tell if you are going North, South, East or West when on the residential streets. You can tell when the sun sets and rises though.

well just play the game normally without cheats. on GTA3 and vice city i played normally beating the game and then used to cheats the have some extra fun. i want to do the same here.

is there a difficulty setting? if there is then i wont be too happy with the game, i liked it withouth choosing difficulty... :P .

How far has anybody got.  I wish I knew how to post my new lowrider on this.   

Its the sickest cartoon lowrider you will ever see.  I pimped it out in the game.  And my guy is buff.  I also got a new house too.  This game is AWESOME.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Right now i'm having a tough time trying to win the low rider race :( I've still got a long way to go before opening up the next city.

Archived