New Retail & Restaurants in Savannah?

DigitalSky

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 year later...

Lots of people have not heard about this yet but Pooler is about to start to show its shine in the Savannah area as its future shopping mecca.

Sixteenth West

Check out the site:

http://www.ppusa.com/pooler/

18 screen Cobb Theater

1.4 million square feet of shopping and entertainment, adjacent to Savannah Quarters

Right next to Pooler Pkwy and I-16

This would be a great addition to the area!!

Look for a new Sam's Club on Montgomery Crossroads and in Pooler that is currently proposed behind the Zaxby's and the Sonic on Pooler Pkwy across from the Wal-Mart and the Home Depot. I've seen the proposals for both. The one proposed for Montgomery Crossroads will be in that empty lot next to the Wal-Mart Supercenter in that area where I think an old "drive-in theater?" is located. There is a lot of proposed development for the Savannah area and I will post many more of some of the things that I know of when they come to mind.

Look for a new Sam's Club on Montgomery Crossroads and in Pooler that is currently proposed behind the Zaxby's and the Sonic on Pooler Pkwy across from the Wal-Mart and the Home Depot. I've seen the proposals for both. The one proposed for Montgomery Crossroads will be in that empty lot next to the Wal-Mart Supercenter in that area where I think an old "drive-in theater?" is located. There is a lot of proposed development for the Savannah area and I will post many more of some of the things that I know of when they come to mind.

Yup, that was an old drive in. I also believe that Calvary Baptist Church owned that land, at least at one time.

Good to see a lifestyle center coming to Pooler & the theater. Now all the really need is an actual hospital out there.....

• 6 months later...

Indeed. UrbanPlanet is not a news paper site. We are here to discuss urban issues and the like. If people want to read the article they will click the link and read it. You should give s short summary or paraphrase the important parts of the article. That would be much more effective.

• 7 months later...
Lots of people have not heard about this yet but Pooler is about to start to show its shine in the Savannah area as its future shopping mecca.

Sixteenth West

Check out the site:

http://www.ppusa.com/pooler/

18 screen Cobb Theater

1.4 million square feet of shopping and entertainment, adjacent to Savannah Quarters

Right next to Pooler Pkwy and I-16

This would be a great addition to the area!!

• 7 months later...

Pooler has broken ground on a GoodYear Tire store in Godley Station... Fatz Cafe & Cheddars are moving along as they passed paper work through the city for approval........ Also Denny's is building a new restaurant in Pooler hwy 80 next to the holiday inn hotel...... also Zaxby's is now open in Port Wentworth and Bennigan's Grill & Tavern has started construction in PW ..........

Excellent! Glad to see Cheddars is coming! They're a causal family dining place (like Applebees, Chilis, etc), but with a larger menu, more variety, better prices, and the interiors tend to be quite upscale, as opposted to having old "junk" hung on walls.

• 3 months later...

The Metro Planning Comm. will review the plans for a new Costco on February 5th. If approved, it will be built at the intersection of President Street and Wahlstrom Road. That's seems like it's an ideal location, considering SRL being built and the Truman Parkway right there. I think another one should probably be built along on the 17 corridor near Berwick or Chatham Parkway.

But there is a Sams in HHI too right? Why would they use the one in Pooler? Also, where is the one in Savannah, (on the eastside). Costco usually hurts Sams or BJ's when they enter a market but Savannah might just be different! Im all for it though. I love Costco and go to the one in Greenville SC, (I live in Upstate SC).

Archived