Curt Schilling shows hometown pride, $$ for PA?

PghUSA

Along the "economic impact" of world sporting events such as the World Series, the gate, hotel, free prime-time advertising with shots of the city, stadium and goodwill of the cities providing countless $$$ impact . . . I have to ask what is the third city in this Series with Curt Schilling not wearing BoSox caps during post-game interviews! With the Patriots taking their all-time consecutive win streak to Pittsburgh this Sunday . . . the HERO of New England is wearing Steeler caps during the post-game interviews--not BoSox caps Steeler Caps!

He is from Somerset, Pennsylvania, and his HERO isn't Yaz or Wiliams, its Roberto Clemente, Schillings favorite memory is coming into Pittsburgh as a kid and attending the game where Clemente got his 3,000 hit in 1972, looks like living in New England for the last few years still hasn't changed his PITTSBURGH PRIDE! I wonder if the city with the 3rd best economic gain from this Series, showing Curts goodwill value, the old "injured underdog pulls it out" preformance in Game 2 that had all the drama and passion of "Rocky", "The Gladiator", "The Natural" with Robert Redford. Pittsburgh should feel proud of their native son hanging tough on a world stage! Go Boston, go St. Louis but Western Pennsylvania is showing the world something too after preformances like that then having their "steel pride" worn during postgame!

09.jpg

With his Game 2 preformance he could have been a Steelers linebacker in the old Jack Lambert, Greg Lloyd, Ernie Staunter mode!

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

its gonna be a great game . . . greater still for that northshore of Pittsburgh, $$$ free goodwill advertising for Pittsburgh as well with all the eyes of the nation watching the "game of the week", hey but at least you NE guys can enjoy a good baseball championship the week your football team falls--wishful thinking i know lol.

its gonna be a great game . . . greater still for that northshore of Pittsburgh, $$$ free goodwill advertising for Pittsburgh as well with all the eyes of the nation watching the "game of the week", hey but at least you NE guys can enjoy a good baseball championship the week your football team falls--wishful thinking i know lol.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:rofl: Wishful thinking indeed. :P

Patsies are coming . . . the Patsies are coming! Which streak will endure the Patriots consecutive win streak or the Rookie QB consecutive win streak in NFL games?? Oh and Big City is that you in your avatar?

Archived